Set Pro as WordPress Default Theme

Hello,

In the site health for WordPress I am seeing this:

I only have the Pro theme installed and it is activated. How can I set this as the default theme in WordPress?

Thanks!

Hello @MSITAdmin,

Thanks for writing to us.
The WordPress Default Theme is automatically activated and pre-installed with the WordPress package. When you first install the latest version of WordPress the default theme will be Twenty Twenty-Three at the moment. It seems that you are using the Pro theme on the multisite network and you have deleted the other WordPress theme that comes with the default WP install. In order to set the WordPress default theme you need to add this code to the wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_DEFAULT_THEME', 'Pro' );

image (6)

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello, and thank you for the quick response.

I was looking for the wp-config.php file in the WP File Manager and I accidentally copied one folder into another because of my touch pad on my laptop. I tried clicking undo but this gave a HTTP error and then the page reloaded to a critical error page. I can’t get back to the WP Engine to fix the file structure. Are you able to help me find a way to undo this or correct the mistake? This is a new site in development and I’m not sure if any backup has been created at this time.

Hello again,

I was able to find a daily backup from about 2 hours ago so all is well now with the site.

Can you advise where I can find the WP-Config.php file so I don’t have this accident again?

Thanks!

Hello, sorry for blowing you up, but I found the file and used the code editor to add the code you provided:

however the site health is still saying no default theme:

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Correction,

I had some of the code typed wrong, it’s now corrected:

Still showing no default theme.

Hello @MSITAdmin,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would suggest you please share your admin credentials in the secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

I have added a secure note with the website and user creds. I created a ThemeCo user for you to use, with admin privileges. Let me know if you need anything else to log in.

Thanks!

Hey @MSITAdmin,

I’ve added the code in your wp-config.php file and the security issue in your site health is already gone.

define( ‘WP_DEFAULT_THEME’, ‘pro’ );

Hope that helps.

Thank you @marc_a

I was hoping that setting the theme as the default theme would update the page that you are taken to when clicking on a post.

The page the post displays on is not using the correct header and footer, I was hoping the default theme would correct this.

Can you advise how/where I can change the header and footer for this page?

Thanks!

Hello @MSITAdmin,

You will need to edit your custom header and custom footer and then assign them to be displayed site wide.

For more details, please check this out:

Best Regards.

Thank you all for the help! This achieved exactly what I was looking for.

Hi @MSITAdmin,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.