Self-hosted video link as row background

Playing video as a row background (where it says add youtube link) won’t play when a self hosted video is linked there.

However I hate the controls that show from youtube and want to play our own self hosted videos from the media library as row backgrounds. Can you please let me know what I can do to fix this?

We have a self hosted video using slider revolution on the home page but do not at all costs want to have to build new sliders for all the other pages that currently have nice youtube backgrounds linked within the rows, we just want to link our own videos in those rows.

page with the video linked in the header but not playing:

pages with the video linked to youtube working as intended:
all other main pages in black footer bar

I can send admin access if needed, thank you!!

Hello @TankNicole,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked in my local dev installation the self-hosted video in background is working fine. In order to help your concern please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I still dont see it playing on the page I linked in the original post, even in a proxy view or incognito in chrome…I provided the login info in a secure note, thank you for your help!

Hello @TankNicole,

I have checked with the WPBakery Page Builder documentation. Regretfully it only allows Youtube link for the background video. It cannot display a self-hosted video. Check out the documentation here:

If you recreate the page using the Pro Editor, you should be able to insert the video as a background video for your row element.

Thank you for your understanding.

Would you mind letting me know how you originally saw it working in your first reply? And could you please show me where the editor is you’re referring to? Using pro for years and haven’t seen this editor anywhere

Hello @TankNicole,

@Prakash_s checked his local testing server and made sure that the self-hosted background video added in a row or section element as a background video is working. He is not referring to the WPBakery Page Builder’s row background video option.

Anyway, the Pro Editor has always been there since we released the Pro theme. Simply create a new page and use the Pro Editor to create your new page layout.

To be familiar with the Pro Editor, kindly check out our documentation here:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.