Re-aligning button element

Hello!

I want to move the location of the following two buttons on my homepage (crisisequipped.com) but I can’t figure out where to do so in the settings?
Could you please help me?

This button I would like it to be on the very right of the screen.

and this one I would like to have it centered.

Thank you for your time and help!
Nadia

Hello Nadia,

Thanks for writing in! Please edit your homepage and then in your button settings, set the left margin to auto and the right margin to 0 so that it will be positioned to the right side of the column. To align the other button at the center, please set both the left and right margin to auto.

If the above solution does not work for you, the easiest way is to add another row with one column element. You will have to transfer the button inside this new row and then use the Text align format in the column settings to position your button.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hello! Thanks for your quick reply.

I don’t have the same settings as you.
My settings look like this:

What should I do under my settings?

Hi Nadia,

To view more settings of an element, you need to enable the Advanced Mode. To enable the Advanced Mode, please check it here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks for that link. I followed the suggestions to enable Advanced Mode, but it’s not an option under the settings. My settings look like this:

How else can I enable advanced settings?

Hi Nadia,

To better help you with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Ok, thanks! I’ll add that info in a secure note now.

Hello Nadia,

Your advanced mode is already turned ON. You can verify that in X > Settings > User Preferences. Anyway, you are not having the same setting options because you are looking at the button settings and what I have shown in the screenshot is a column setting. At this point, it is not applicable to you because you haven’t added another row yet.

I have duplicated your page and inserted another row/column so that I can reposition the buttons using the Text Align option of the column setting.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.42.23 AM

Kindly check out the link in the secure note.

Thanks.

I checked out the test page and it looks perfect!
Would you make those same changes for me on the homepage, please? I’m not techy at all. Your help is so appreciated!

Hello Nadia,

What I did on the test page is that I simply added a new row element next to the gap element. I created the test page to serve it as your guide in doing your layout. I would highly recommend that you check out the test page and apply the same principle to your homepage for you to be more familiar with the theme and the builder so that the next time you create a complex layout, you already know what to do.

Thank you for your understanding.

Got it, thanks!

You are welcome @NadiaCrisisEquipped

Sorry , one last question…

The version you set up for me looks like this:

And when I adjusted it on my end, it looks like this:

I want to align the button the way you did it, but I cannot find the difference in the settings. My settings and yours appear the same but I wanted to have it aligned properly.

Please help, Thanks!!

Hi Nadia,

Please make sure that you added the margin-right 2em in the button element, based on the example given by my colleague.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Got it, thanks!

You are welcome @NadiaCrisisEquipped

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.