Questions about post meta

Hi!
I have two questions about the meta data of my posts:

1. I know I can decide whether to show the meta data of my posts in Theme options>Content>Post meta, but I’d like to show the date and not the author and terms. I’d also like to show a custom field above the date. How could I do that?

2. I’ve created my first Looper following your excellent Youtube tutorial, but I’d like to add a custom field below the feature image of the post and the title. Please let me know how that could be done.

Thank you so much for your support!

Hello @bablingua,

Thanks for writing to us.

Query 1

You can use this custom CSS code to display only the date on the post meta. To display a custom field before the date on the blog page or category page or single post page it would require custom development. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern or you can avail of our services called One where customization questions are answered.

article.post.type-post .p-meta>span:nth-child(2):after {
    content: '' !important;
}
article.post.type-post .p-meta>span:nth-child(2) {
    display: block;
}
article.post.type-post .p-meta>span {
    display: none;
} 

Or you can upgrade your X theme to a Pro theme where you will get a Layout builder. By the help of the Layout builder you can create a blog layout, archive layout, and single post layout page. On the Layout builder, you can easily call the dynamic content code to pull the custom field value.

2nd Query

You can use the ACF Pro bunded plugin to create a custom meta box for the post, since you are using Looper you can pull its data by using dynamic content code.

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector or you can subscribe to One to get further assistance.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for your help. I’ve installed ACF Pro and created my custom fields, but I don’t know how to display them in individual posts and loopers. I’ve read https://theme.co/docs/acf-pro-and-loopers but I don’t understand where or how I can enter the {{acf:field_name}} code.

Where is this window located?

Hey Alvaro,

You can insert a Text element and insert the ACF dynamic content. For more details about how you can use the dynamic content:

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that was an easy fix, I have my ACF dynamic content ready.

I’m trying to show my custom field also in individual posts. The documentation says “We’ve included a basic ACF Pro integration with Cornerstone which allows you to use a shortcode within your pages and posts”. I know how to insert the code in pages, but how can I do it in posts?

Hello Alvaro,

You can insert the dynamic content code directly in the post content.

Hope this helps.

I’m sorry, I’m new to using posts and I’m clearly missing something. When I insert dynamic content code directly in the post content I just see the same code in my post.

Hello Alvaro,

We apologized for the confusion. It seems that you are using the X theme. The example in my screenshot will only work if you are using a custom single post layout which is only available in the Pro theme. This means that in your case if you want to display custom fields or dynamic content shortcodes, you will have to create or edit your individual post using the Cornerstone Page Builder.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.