Protocol For Writing Media Queries & Using BreakPoints

Hello!

I was wondering what the best way to manage CSS is using the PRO theme. As an example, for a headline, I would enter a class name but it won’t work when I view in a browser because I either need to use “!important” or use hierarchy to reference it correctly like this: .class div div h2

Then there is the Element CSS. When should that be used? I do like the way the PAGE CSS is in a separate location than the GLOBAL CSS. But, I would love to be able to reference CSS with class names without running into a guessing game nor using !important properties.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• William

Hey William,

To be able to call styles anywhere on your site, it’s best to use the Global CSS. There is no escaping the !important rule or the hierarchy technique though unless you Classic Elements and/or write custom HTML and insert them in a Raw Content element.

When dealing with non-classic elements, it’s best that you use the Template Manager instead of CSS. See https://theme.co/docs/template-manager

The Element CSS is best used for element specific styles.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you. That clears it all up :slight_smile:

Hi William,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.