Product Validation error when attempting to input license key

Hi,

In the Product Validation screen in WordPress, after entering my license key, I receive the following error message:

" Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co"

Our settings are configured in line with your documented recommendations i.e.

• Ensure my site can reach this domain: theme. co
  • Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
  • Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
  • Check into the error message above.

We currently have the X theme version 4.0.6 installed and want to update to the latest version.

To attempt to troubleshoot this, we installed MiTM Proxy and found the following information:

• 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks.

Hello Jill,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of any plugin conflict, cache issue, or any browser extension that is stoping to validate the site. I would suggest you troubleshoot with our troubleshooting guide.

In case if you haven’t seen our doc for license validation please have a look at it.

In case if it doesn’t work for you, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

To update the theme please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to update the theme.

Thanks

Hi Jill,

I have checked your website and found that you are using a much older version of the X i.e. 4.0.6 and the Cornerstone 1.1.3. I would suggest you update the X and Cornerstone by following the below steps and checking if that helps with your issue.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

Please remember that you are upgrading the X from a much older version, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the theme in staging. If everything goes fine, you can migrate the staging to the live server.

NOTE: The given credentials do not work, please check and reshare it once again.

Thanks

Please can you try to login now.

Thanks

Hi Jill,

The API for validating the license for the new version of the theme has been changed and that might be the reason why the connection has not been established. I would suggest you again update the X in the staging server and validate the license, please let us know if that does not work.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I deleted the Cornerstone plugin and am still unable to automatically update the X theme, I believe the product needs to be validated and I am still getting the same connection error as before.

I have restored to backup now.

Thanks.

I found the following file which contains a private static $api url of https://theme.co/x/member/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, are you able to provide me with the correct one so i can update it?

/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/admin/addons/class-update-api.php

Thanks

Hi Jill,

I have already told you that, the API for the validation process has been changed, and replacing the following file will not help. Still, if you want that, you can do it by downloading the latest version of the theme from Themeco Account and getting the file from it.
I would still suggest you update the theme in your staging server and check the validation process on it.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I downloaded the latest version from my Themeco Account and installed it manually in WordPress. It initially made my site inaccessible so I temporarily renamed the revolution slider and cornerstone plugin folders in the site’s wp-content/plugins directory and this allowed me to access the site to input my license and run the updates.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Jill,

Glad that it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.