Portfolio gallery not showing

Hi

I have just realised that my portfolio gallery is not showing photos of the links to articles and also that the scroll to other menu locations is not working once in the “Education Centre” page. It was working perfectly in the past so not sure what update has broken it.

https://www.fitloans.com.au/education-centre/ Please let me know what I need to do to fix it.

Also I just received an email from Google console advising of mobile usability errors. There are three errors listed: Text to small to read, clickable elements too close together, content wider than screen. I just restored a backup from the other day due to the website crashing after a plugin update so maybe this is related to that as I have never had this error before.
Thanks

Hi @fitloans,

I’ve checked your site and this error can be found in the console (browser developer tools).

Uncaught TypeError: jQuery is not a function

jQuery is included as part of WordPress itself and I can confirm it is loading on the page, but it doesn’t load in time for another script to have it available. The error comes from rocket loader. It looks like that system is reordering how scripts are added to the page. I would recommend disabling that temporarily to see if it makes a difference.

If you open your browsers developer tools and view the console tab you can see if the error is still there.

Thanks that worked. Disabling this will obviously slow down my website so how can I get them both to work together?

Also can you please advise how I can fix the scrolling/link between sections of the page. Once I am in the education centre (link show in previous message), the menu doesn’t work except for the Home menu.
Thanks

Hello @fitloans,

Please check the settings of your WP Rocket. Make sure that jQuery is loaded properly. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

In the meantime, I have checked the homepage and I can click the Education Centre with no issue wherein it goes to the correct section. This is what I am seeing:

Best Regards.

in order to replicate the Education centre issue, you need to select “View All Helpful Articles” which is at the bottom of the section. It will lead you to the following page https://www.fitloans.com.au/education-centre/

Once you are on this page, you can’t go to the other menu options at the top other than home. The reason for this is that the scroll address is added to the https://www.fitloans.com.au/education-centre/ address which leads nowhere.

In regards to the other information, I will attach a secure note.
Thanks

Hi @fitloans,

It seems that you are using the One Page Navigation menu based on the sections added into the Home Page. While clicked in the same menu on other pages, the specific section is not available with the specified ids, and that is why it is not leading to anywhere.

Menus-‹-Fit-Loans-—-WordPress

Thanks

Thanks for letting me know. How do I fix that so it can go back to the other menu pages position?

Also how did you go with checking out the jQuery settings on my site to understand what is causing the conflict with rocket loader.
Cheers

Hello, @fitloans,

Please have a look at this thread for the reference of the menu.

You should always check the browser console to check the jQuery errors. You can check out this article to learn more about the browser console.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Browser_Console

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks for your help but I am very much a novice in this. I checked the links you sent but I still can’t work out how to get the menu system to work when on the education centre page. It was working fine previously so not sure why it has broken now with the new update.

Could you please explain it as if you are talking to a child. Basically need it to be working like it was when the page was first set up. I will put the details into the secure notes for you to see my log in details and what I am wanting. Thanks

Hello @fitloans,

I have logged in and managed to correct your menus. I went ahead and edited your menus. You now have One Page Navigation and the Primary menu. The One Page Navigation is exclusively assigned to the homepage only. The Primary Menu is the one that will be used throughout the site. What is the difference between these two menus as you may ask? The one page navigation menu contains relative URLS #content-band-IDs which is specific to the homepage content bands while the primary menu has the absolute URL that contains http://example.com/#content-band-IDs.

Please check your site now.

Thanks so much for you help. I totally understand it now. I was struggling to see where the menu edit for the education centre page was but I now know it shows as Primary Page instead. That is what I was finding hard to work out as there was not reference to the Education Page.

Now that I know the education page is called Primary Page while the rest of the website is One Page, I won’t have any issues fixing it in the future if there is a change.

Thanks again for the great support

Hey @fitloans,

You understood it in reverse or. The Primary menu should be for all other pages while the One Page Navigation is for the homepage only.

Regards.

Great thanks for explaining it. Thanks again.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.