Placing woo commerce product category on page using cornerstone

Is there a way to place a woo commerce category on a page using cornerstone?

Hi @sarahlouisewaterhouse,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can get the Product Categories using the All Terms looper and set the Taxonomy to Product Categories. Also, you need to use the {{dc:term:name}} to show the category names in the Text element set to Looper Consumer.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Many thanks!!

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Sorry but I cannot get it to show up and cannot see where I have gone wrong. please can you take a look.

I have checked that you have changed the Dynamic Content tag and added the Term Slug for a specific one. I would suggest you use the {{dc:term:name}} to get all the terms.

Thanks

HI, sorry but I don’t think I’ve asked the right question. I want the category to show up on the page with all the products. Just as when you would place the woo commerce shortcode for displaying the category. How do I do that?

Hello @sarahlouisewaterhouse,

I would suggest you please add the Terms element —>you need to select the taxonomy as a Product Category

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi, I cannot get it to do anything other than give me text links to the product category which then just links to the category archive.
I just want to be able to display products from one category on a specific page. In the same way as you can if you put a simple shortcode [product_category category=“whatever”].
At the moment I am using the woo commerce shortcode in the text editor in cornerstone to get it to display. But it won’t display more than 12 items. If you have documentation with regards to cornerstone and woo commerce for setting a shop up I will read it, but I cannot find anything.

Hello @sarahlouisewaterhouse,

To display the product of the specific category I would suggest you please use the Looper. You need to set the Looper provider as Query Builder. Now you need to set the Post as a product and select the category from the taxonomy selection

Enable the Looper consumer to the column and set the post-count.

You need to add elements like Product title, image, and price.

If you want to create a custom layout for the shop page, please use the Layout Builder.

Hope it helps
Thanks

If I use this method, Do I have to recreate all my woo commerce products in Cornerstone? I have over 100 at present. So it would be good if I didn’t :slight_smile:

You don’t need to create the products again.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.