Personify: Mogul Blog Layout

Hello.

Thank you for an awesome theme and new Personify Layouts!

Finishing up a new client site created with Mogul and most seems to work fine. There are however some minor issues/suggestions I will post later.

My big issue right now is how do I change the layout for Blog Archive and Single Layout?

I tried editing the Blog Page where there was some CS code, but then it broke the page and I had to go into the database and fix it.

Thank you so much!

Hi.

I wanted to follow up on this. Need to get this sorted so I can release the website to the client.

Thanks so much!

Hey @sprod,

Thanks for writing in!

how do I change the layout for Blog Archive and Single Layout?

You will have to go to the Cornerstone Builder and find the Single Layouts and the Archive Layouts;

And then, edit which layout you want so you can assign it as your single and blog layout by using the Conditions and Assignments feature.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel

Thanks for your message.

It seems I had to disable one to get this one to work.

In the Blog Page I see this CS Code:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 8.50.48 AM

What is this? Also, when I tried previously to change the page ID (129) it broke the admin page and I had to go into the db to change it back, can you please advise?

Thank you!

Hello @sprod,

You do not have to edit that page using the WordPress editor. You should be using the Cornerstone builder to edit that page. Please provide us access to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel

Thank you, will do!

Hey There,

Open your Blog index and click the “Edit Layout” in Cornerstone.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 125738

While you are in the builder, find the different blog layouts that you like:

Edit in with Cornerstone and then change the Assignment Priority to at least -1 or much more lower.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I was able to get that sorted before, thank you.

I am however curious about the CS code in the blog page in the backend. Can you please explain why that is there and why the backend page broke when i changed the number in the code?

Thank you so much!

Hello @sprod,

When you change the ID, it no longer has the correct ID of the cornerstone data which is why it would break the backend page. It’s better to remove it than change the ID.

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel

Ok, thank you.

Can you please explain why this code is even there, and does it have to be for any reason?

Thank you!

Hey @sprod,

It’s an orphaned code when the demo page was created which you can ignore.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.