Parallax not working?

So 2 days ago it worked. when i load the page today, the picture is not loading, only shows the background color, if i turn off parallax, the picture shows. any ideas? anyone else had this issue? (i had 6.15 installed, didnt work, updated to 6.16 still not working)
This issue is in chrome

Parallax works fine in firefox

Yes I have similar where I am trying to edit a new page, and the section does not allow background image only colour option. Parallex is totally removed from customisation options and does not show if you click on inspect and type ā€˜imageā€™.

All plugins are up to date.

Hello @Ielwa,

Is the ā€œAED | Asker Bilverkstedā€ the site in questioned? I have check it and the parallax has been disabled. Please enable it again so that we can check it.

@earthsystems:
In the recent release, the parallax option which can be found in the advance option in the section settings is disabled by default. You can enable it back again by going to X > Settings > Permissions > User Preference > Advanced Mode and make sure that it is always on. To know more about the Permission feature, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Hope this helps.

amazing! Just updated the settings and all is good. phew!

Thanks guys.

Hi @earthsystems,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

Sorry, i enabled it again now for you to see, i just turned it off so it would look ok, while it didnt work.

Hi,

Can you provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

http://www.aed.no/ , this problem only occur on the main page ā€œhjemā€

Hi,

Try adjusting the position and size.

To have an idea how background size works kindly refer to the link below

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_background-size&preval=auto
https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-position.asp

If this doesnā€™t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in secure note.

Thanks

Thanks for having a look Paul, i have given you the login, i cannot do these changes cos the page uses a ā€œclassicā€ element which does not have these options.

What supprises me is how it worked 2 days ago. and still works on the other pages except the home page

Thanks
Daniel

Hi @Ielwa,

The parallax works, but the separator and column backgrounds are covering it. I change them and it has no effect, I tried it with v2 section and it works. Iā€™m afraid the only workaround, for now, is re-doing it in the v2 layout.

Classic elements should be okay, but classic sections/columns caused this issue. And looks like youā€™re on old content and just upgraded it?

Thanks!

Alright mate, so what i have to do, is make a full v2 layout rehaul of every page yeah?. thanks for looking into this. i just used the content that came with the theme, and redid it the way id like it

How do on even bring out a v2 layout\sections?

Hello There,

You will have to edit each of your pages and replace the classic sections with the v2 section. Itā€™s more like recreating each of the sections so that you will be using the v2 sections.

How do on even bring out a v2 layout\sections?

• Simply edit the page and insert a section. This new section that you have added is v2 section.

Hope this helps.

Hi again Ruenel!
i see, so whatever new section you make is basicly v2?, is there no way for me to see what version each section is ?

Iā€™m getting the hang of it now. will using any classic elements in this new section give me the same type of issues like this?

Hello There,

You will have to inspect each section to see if it is a classic section or the v2 section. When you are in the section settings, you see something like this:

Classic Element
This is a classic element. These are supported, but have less controls to configure.

V2 section has more controls than the classic one. And all classic elements should work without issues inside a v2 section. If in case you are not seeing the advance controls, please enable the advance mode in X > Settings > Permissions > User Preference. For more details about permissions, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Hope this helps.

Aye thanks! i made it work with v2, these options should allways be on, why would you not want advance settings on

Hi Daniel,

You can simply go to X > Theme Options > Settings Icon (Bottom Left) and enable the Advanced Mode:

I understand your analogy about this matter that you think it should be obvious to have the Advanced Mode. But please consider that not all the users are Pro like yourself that uses advanced controls such as the Parallax, and for most users having too many options is confusing. That is why we default the X theme to the simple mode. For users like you, it makes sense that you enable the Advanced Mode by default.

Thank you.

I set-up a website with theme x early on, prior to v2 sections - so I have all classic sections. I had parallax functionality set-up on several sections of the home page. It was fine on Friday. The client must have upgraded the site because on Monday none of the parallax sections were working. I had to go into the website and and replace three sections on the home page - after I was lucky enough to find this thread. Your updates need to be backwards compatible. You cannot just break things and tell people they have to re-do their websites. When I recommend a theme to clients I have to know that it will not completely break with updates. This puts me in a very bad position with clients.

2 Likes

Hello @jvedder,

I can understand that broken updates does cause bad impression in front of clients and I am really sorry for the same. However, we always suggest our customers to update the theme and plugin on a staging server. That way even if any issues comes up you can troubleshoot the problem without effecting the live website. We follow a rigorous testing internally to make sure we find out issues and fix them before releasing the updates. Each team member is required to test the update on there system or server and report the bugs. We are actually encouraged by our leadership team to find out more bugs. After internal testing we release a public beta where we give the update to a limited group of public users and then collect there feedback.

So, itā€™s quite a rigorous process of testing. However, sometimes updates can gives teething issues as successful updates depends on number of factors, like:

1. Server configuration: Whether or not server is running the recommended configurations that WordPress community has listed. Outdated version of PHP is the most common reason. Here is the link. https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
  2. WordPress version: We have seen customers using quite an old version of WordPress and that cause compatibility issues.
  3. Plugins: If a site is using outdated plugin or if that plugin is not keeping pace with the industry development standards then it may cause issues.
  4. Cache plugins: Most of the times we see that cache is no cleared and because of that cached resources are getting rendered thereby causing problems.
  5. Updating from old version of X Theme or Pro: If you a customer is updating from a very old version of X Theme, then there is a probability of conflicts.

However, we do maintain a stability release that customers can use to rollback the website. You can find the same in your members area. Here is a screenshot.

I am really sorry for the trouble you faced. In case problem is still there, I request you to please create a new ticket and share the details in the same. I assure you that someone from support team will help you out.

Thanks.

I have to agree here! My site also broke! I always read the changelog before updating and saw NOTHING about this. I updated several sites without issue and told my clients it was fine for them to update, then BOOM ā€¦all the classic parallax pages BROKE without warning and caused me to scramble and see what was wrong.