Page not the same in Customize

Hello,
In “Customize X in theme options”, my clients page looks perfectly fine. When going to my page URL, the sites buttons don’t show and things are not placed where they’re supposed to be. I have Theme X and I edit the page in cornerstone. When In cornerstone, it looks good. When not, things are not alligning and some things are completely missing.

I’ve troubledshooted and updated all plugins, however no change.

Can you help me with this issue?
My page: https://kirkebyterapi.dk/

Hello @oscarbnihrane,

Thanks for writing to us.

It is working fine in the backend since the cached styles are rendered on the frontend only. It is not rendered in the backend mode. I went ahead and checked your dashboard, it seems that you have deleted the cache plugin(apcu) that you were using. It is always recommended to purge all the cache before deleting the plugins.

I would suggest you reinstall the plugin then purge all the cache then check it again. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve tried every single option stated above, and I cannot get it to work. Therefore, I’ve created a staged site in Godaddy (secureserver.net), and hopes that is what you meant.

Thanks in advance for you guys trying to solve my problem!

Hello Oscar,

I have logged in and figure out your issue. I could not replicate the issue at all. On my end, the elements seems in place.

Please check the secure note.

Kindly provide us a screenshot or point out the elements that are missing or that have issues in your end.

Thanks.

Hello Ruenel,

That is the exact problem. When logged into wordpress, everything looks perfectly fine. Jump into an incognito window, and things are displaced, and looks bad. The website is supposed to look the way it does in the backend, however see the images below. Go into incognito window also to see them for yourself. Everything in red, is not supposed to have either that font size, that color, that bulk og that button size and the linkedIn banner looks weird. Can you see, that when in incognito, the website looks completely different?

Hey Oscar,

If your site is broken in the front-end and not in the Theme Options or the Builders, there’s usually some broken HTML or CSS. My colleague suggested you check for CSS customization. Please check custom codes including what’s in the Code Editors next time.

Also, contact your web host to clear all caches including server cache and CDN cache. Please tell them to disable caching and the CDN unless they have an auto-purge function that will do that automatically after theme and page updates.

If the server cache can’t be cleared, this issue will not be solved. This is not a theme issue as you can see in the screenshot below, some CSS is overriding the Theme Options and builder output. It’s coming from your CDN or at-least your web host’s CDN.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.