One Page Navigation stopped working after Pro 5.1.1 update

Thank you @alexander.
Is there any workaround or temporary fix? Unfortunately, I have the same issue on production site and as you can imagine this is a quite important link.

Hi @Marcin_Podwojski,

There’s no temporary fix at the moment. Just wait for the next point release.

Thank you for understanding and please bear with us.

1 Like

Seems I’m having the same issue - when is the next point release? @marc_a

And good luck!

Hi @stefanvandervlag,

There’s already a new release for Pro which is 5.1.2 and the issue was already fix by our developers. Please update your theme to the latest version.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

@marc_a, I am on 5.1.2 (and was on 5.1.2 when I posted here) and the issue is not fixed, at least not for me.

Regards
Marcin

Same, I’m on the latest version.

Hi @stefanvandervlag and @Marcin_Podwojskim,

Sorry for the confusion, we don’t have any estimated time for the next cycle of release but it rests assured that they will fix the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

@marc_a, thanks, to confirm this has NOT been fixed? Or has a fix has been made and it stills needs a push?

Hi @stefanvandervlag,

We have released another version of the theme with the fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one and let us know if that resolves your issue.
Please find the update log here: https://theme.co/docs/changelog/pro-5

Please remember to clear all types of cache after you update the theme.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello,

I have updated Pro to the 5.1.3 release and unfortunately, the problem still remains. From what I can see on my web, the “offset” is around 100px to “deep”. Is there anything I can do to help you with this other than giving you login data for the site to examine? Please let me know.

P.S.
I have cleared all caches after the update, along with a complete CDN flush.

BR

Hi @BOT_Informatika,

We have a release going out later today to help correct this issue. After updating, please advise how things are with your site. Thanks!

Hi @alexander

I have updated the Pro theme to version 5.1.4, but unfortunately, the problem persists. I have turned off caching and CDN completely to make sure everything is served by origin, but nothing changed.

The last version where everything was working fine was 5.0.8 and I have created one-page navigation following this guide: https://theme.co/docs/setup-one-page-navigation

You can check it out yourself, by visiting the site I created: https://thechameleongin.com

You can click on any button from the menu and you will see “the offset”/problem. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

BR!

Hey @BOT_Informatika,

I am still seeing this in your site:

You need to clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified theme resources. If still the issue exists, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

Hmh, that preview you pasted is completely confusing to me. I’ve tried to check the site on multiple devices and on different networks and it displays just fine.

I have cleaned all the site cache and disabled minification, and the issue is still present. I’m sending you the info you requested in a secure note below.

Hello @BOT_Informatika,

I have logged in and temporarily deactivated your W3 Total Cache plugin. When I test your site, it is now displaying properly and the One Page Navigation is already working. Kindly check out the video screencast in the secure note below.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello @ruenel

Thank you for your effort, but the video you’ve sent me depicts the problem I’m having. And yes, it still isn’t good. I’m sending you two pictures in the attachment which will depict the “false” and “expected” results.

So when you click, for instance, on “Nasa Prica” menu button, the following happens:

What I expect to happen is the following:

As you can see, there is still an “offset” present and when clicking on “Nasa Prica” menu entry (or any other), the page goes “too deep”. It doesn’t stop at the start of the section defined by ID element but goes “into the content” of the section.

W3TC is not a problem, nor do I suspect any other plugin. As I already mentioned, everything was running as expected till Pro version 5.0.8. After I updated to 5.1.X, the problems with one-page navigation started.

Hi @BOT_Informatika,

It seems that issue is related to the Sticky header bar and the offset calculation. The issue was already fixed in the earlier version of the theme,
I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello @tristup

I’ve cleared Cornerstone Style Cache, but it didn’t change the situation. But, removing “sticky” from the two bars in the header resolves the issue, and looks like you’re right. There is something wrong with the sticky header bar and offset calculation. Now I have to figure out exactly what.

Although, I still don’t understand why this was working prior to 5.1.X version of the PRO theme :confused:

UPDATE
Ok, I have deleted my Header and created two blank bars and as soon as I enable Sticky option on any of them, the problems with offset start. I tried to play with “trigger offset”, but didn’t help. I’m out of the ideas :frowning:
It looks like values, when set for trigger offset do not work at all. The only way my one-page nav is working correctly is if I completely disable sticky bars.

What I also noticed is that “Scroll Top Anchor” is missing, although it’s configured. It doesn’t show at all.

UPDATE 2:
After further examination, it looks like the whole thing behaves the following way:
I set up my header sticky bar as “Relative” and it behaves as “Relative” with other elements in my header.
When I switch to a Page Builder, the sticky bar in headers starts to behave as it has been set on “Absolute” and covers my page content when I click on any one-page menu item. It looks like header behaves like “Absolute” always troughout the whole website.

I really don’t know what else to do and I can guarantee you that this was working prior version 5.1.X. I have rolled back to version 5.0.8 where everything was working (and still does). If you would like to check, please use the same credentials I’ve sent in the private note above. You can try and update to 5.1.4 and you will see the problem arises instantly. Thank you

Hi @BOT_Informatika,

Thanks for your detailed report. I have already reported the issue with the Sticky header and Scroll to Top to our issue tracker for further investigation by our development team.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.