On X 4.3.4 and can't seem to find a way to upgrade

Hi, is there a “proper” way to upgrade X. We’re on 4.3.4 which is rather broken on PHP 7.3.

Had to disable RevSlider for site to run.

Hi @duprex,
Thanks for reaching out.

You can have the update theme option in Appearance > Themes at the top of the specific theme. Or you can freshly upload the theme after deactivating and deleting the older version.
You can download the latest version of the theme from your Themeco Account Dashboard

Manage-Themes-‹-Barber-—-WordPress

Themeco-Single-Licenses (4)

I would suggest you check our version compatibility page for the supported version.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi, thanks.

Was able only to do it manually. After which, we tried to update all the plugins required. And now we are getting a fatal error with a child theme. What are the necessary steps to make the theme compatible again?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function csl18n() in /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/cs_elements/custom_image.php:7 Stack trace: #0 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(26): Custom_CS_Image->data() #1 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php(188): Cornerstone_Element_Base->__construct() #2 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/api.php(201): Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator->add_mk1_element(‘Custom_CS_Image’) #3 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/custom.cornerstone.php(8): cornerstone_add_element(‘Custom_CS_Image’) #4 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): load_custom_cs_elements(’’) #5 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #6 /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_a in /home/w6809656/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/cs_elements/custom_image.php on line 7

Hello Duprex,

Thanks for writing in! After update the X theme, you will have to make sure that Cornerstone is up to date as well. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi,

Cornerstone is up to date. Had to disable the x-child theme before I can login to check though.

So included SSH access as well in case you need to do that.

Hey Duprex,

I am not familiar with SSH at the moment. Anyways, I have checked the error and it is coming from a custom CS element added in your child theme. Kindly switch to the parent X theme first so that you can update the X theme and Cornerstone. Make sure to update WordPress to 5.5.1 and other plugins as well.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi, I found the solution to be simply not calling csl18n() in my child theme so now the theme loads with all plugins updated.

I guess I do still have to update the WooCommerce compatibility but I’ve got a question for the Revolution Slider that’s on the home page. Currently, it’s blank but when I’m editing via Cornerstone, the slider loads just fine.

Hello @duprex,

First of all, On updated X and Cornerstone versions, Revolution slider shows only on the Page Settings. It doesn’t show on the builder. There is an option in page settings to add the Revolution slider.

Please follow our documentation of the Revolution slider

I logged into the dashboard and found that you are using an old version of X and Cornerstone. Kindly updates it to the latest versions as @tristup suggested you.

Please take the backup of your Website files and Database before updating theme and plugin. I would also suggest you check our Version Compatibility page for the supported versions of WordPress, theme, and plugins.

Here is our documentation for update theme

Thanks

Hi, I got a feeling you are connected to the production server and not the development server. Can you help review the secure note again for the IP of the development server?

The themes and modules are already connected. Then try editing the home page with Cornerstone. Thanks!

Hello Duprex,

The WooCommerce - List Products by Tags plugin is causing a fatal error. I have temporarily deactivated the plugin so that I can edit the page in Cornerstone.

Kindly check out the dev site now.

Hey, Cornerstone was already working fine.

I don’t see any fatal error but the home page rev slider is still empty though … See screen shot below.

Hello Duprex,

There is a JS error in your homepage:

zz-jason-custom.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined
    at Object.s [as init] (zz-jason-custom.js:3)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (zz-jason-custom.js:3)
    at j (jquery.js:3148)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3260)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js:3472)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js:3503)

This is coming from your Child theme. At the moment, I have switched to the parent theme and now the sliders are displayed both above the masthead and below the masthead. You can unassigned the slider in your page settings.

Check your homepage now.

Got it. Thanks!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.