Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server problem in X-Template Manage

Hi All
I am a new in this topic and I am trying to access to Template Manager by “WordPress Dashboard > X > Templates”

and I got this error:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My permalinks are set to Post and I cleaned the Chrome browser cache but I cannot fix this problem, Could you help me with it?
Thanks
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for writing in!

Please go to Settings > Permalinks first and set the permalink other than the default.
Go back to the Template Manager and you should be able to access it. If this is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel
First, thanks for your fast answer.
I set the permalink as Custom Structure ( I did not find the Default) and save changes but it go back to Post name option and unfortunate it did not work for me.

Hi. I sent you a secure note with the info that you asked me.
Please let me know how to fix it?
Thanks for your time
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro,

Please send also the WP Admin URL.

Cheers.

Hello @ruenel. I added the WP Admin URL info in the Secure Note
Hope it was what you asked me…
If it is not like that, please let me know how to find it…
Thanks for your support
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro,
Thanks for writing to us

I checked your site URL, It looks like an HTML website. It looks like you have not yet installed WordPress and X theme at your web server.

You have given wp-admin URL as localhost, we can not access localhost URL through the internet since localhost URL can be accessed in the local machine only.

The 404 issues are commonly caused by misconfiguration of permalink, or the environment the site is running doesn’t have permalink or URL rewrite feature.

To set the permalink configuration properly please follow these steps.

Admin Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks
To learn more about Permalink Settings check this article.

Thanks

Hi @Prakash. First thanks for your support
On the other hand, I set the Permalink like Post Name and Custom Structure and I cannot fix the 404 error.
You told me the following:
“It looks like you have not yet installed WordPress and X theme at your web server”
What is the Permalink option that I have to set?
To be honest with you, I read the article that you send me but I have not idea about it.
For that reason, Could you teach me how to install the Wordpress and the X in my web server?
Since I sent you my Link to your site and WordPress Admin username / password in the Secure Note, Could you do it for me?
Would it be possible?
Please I will ask it only this time. I need to learn more about this topic…
Thanks for your time and support.
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

To setup WordPress environment, you’ll need to contact your hosting provider or you can do this via cPanel provided by your hosting provider (please follow https://wordpress.org/support/article/how-to-install-wordpress/ or https://www.wpbeginner.com/how-to-install-wordpress/)

The 404 issue usually happens due to the .htaccess file as well, first deactivate all of your third party plugins and then try resetting your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

You can find the htaccess file in the root directory of your WordPress installation (see screenshot)

Also ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/product-updates for more details.

If the issue persists then please follow this thread Can't open X theme design page you can also troubleshoot the issue by following https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

If you still have issues then please setup a live environment with the help of your hosting provider so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hi @nabeel
Thank you very much for your explanation.
I will try it asap
Have a nice weekend
Alejandro

Glad that we could be of help Alejandro.

Cheers!

Hi @nabeel
I apologize for bothering again
I did all what told me:
1- Installed the Wordpress in the hosting server
2- I deactivated all the plugins
3- I resseted my htaccess file to htaccess-bak
4- I set the Permalinks and save changes
But, I cannot fix the problem…
To be honest with you, I am very frustrated myself because I do not know how to fix it…
Below, I added the .htaccsess file code:

BEGIN WordPress

The directives (lines) between BEGIN WordPress and END WordPress are

dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.

Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

php – BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

Set the “ea-php74” package as the default “PHP” programming language.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php74 .php .php7 .phtml # php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

For it, Could you say me that I should to modify it manually?
Please, let me know it
Finally, I told me the following:
If you still have issues then please setup a live environment with the help of your hosting provider so we can take a closer look.
For that reason, How to could do setup a live environment with my hosting provider?
Thanks again
Regards
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Kindly provide the FTP of you site in a secure note.

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

We need to check your .htaccess because your site is no longer displaying the homepage.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ruenel
Please do not worry. I fixed the problem.
I open the Wordpress from CPanel and then I can open the Template Manager.
Please close this post
Thanks for your help and for your patience
Have a nice weekend
Regards
Alejandro

Hey Alejandro,

We are glad you’ve figured out a way to resolve your issue.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hi @ruenel
Thank you for your support

You are most welcome Alejandro!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.