Next Cornerstone and X-Theme release compatible with which WP version?

Hi @matt ,
I wanted to follow up on the status outlined in the following ticket:

Our domain hosting provider sent an email last Wednesday and “recommended strongly” that we upgrade to Wordpress version 5.4.2, or at least Wordpress 5.4.1, which includes 17 bug fixes and 7 security patches! Furthermore, with the current WP version 5.5 in beta, they expect to release it by the end of July!

I first posted to the forum on May 4th: Upgrade to Wordpress 5.4 recommended?
and on May 26th: Status compatibility WP 5.4
I reported issues and errors with different plugins we need for our site. Unfortunately with such a delay, some of the plugins have since had 2 further releases, which I am still reluctant to install!

Other colleagues and friends using the same plugins, but different themes have been working with Wordpress Version 5.4.2 since the middle of June and have confirmed too that they will be looking to upgrade to Wordpress 5.5 at the end of this month/beginning August!

At this point, my question is which WP version will your next release (X Theme & Cornerstone) be compatible with?

Thanks

Hey @managet0p_xtheme,

Regretfully, there’s no specific news from our development team about supporting WordPress 5.4 yet but bugs discovered with the latest version of WordPress are being fixed at this moment.

With that said, at the time the next version will be released, the latest version of WordPress might be officially supported.

The important thing to do now is to test the latest version of WordPress with the latest version of the products we provide in a staging server. This way, you will discover problems specifically for each of your website and if the problem is not critical, you can maybe push the updates to your live site.

If the problem is critical, you can report it to us. The more problems discovered before the release of the next version, the better so user tests are also important. All the staff in Themeco does testing but there might be setups we might miss to cover.

Thank you for your consideration.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.