New Update: Breaking Classic Elements and General Elements

Hi there! After updating some of our sites, we ran into a few issues that caused us to revert our sites:

• Classic elements (rows, columns, etc.) are not loading in the editor and displays as nothing on the front end.

• Backgrounds set with videos (.mp4) or gifs are not loading on the front end.

Will there be a new update that will fix this or is there an alternative solution to these? Also, some of our websites are older and built with all Classic Elements, so the entire website just disappears from the front end. Then if we edit in the editor, it says we need to update Cornerstone to see elements, but it’s already up to date.

Hello @ahfweb,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure to update to the latest versions:

• Pro 6.0.7
  • X theme 10.0.7 or
  • Cornerstone 7.0.7

The issues mentioned above should be resolved when using the latest version. You can check out our changelogs here:

If the new updates does not resolve your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel, thanks for your reply! I’ve gone ahead and made sure the website is up to date and provided the information requested in a secured note. Unfortunately, I’m still not seeing the Classic Slider appearing on the top section of the website. I’ve hidden it with CSS (responsive slider > style > display: none;) since I didn’t want anyone questioning a broken slider.

Hello @ahfweb,

I have inspected your homepage and I found out that you added this now! as a Section ID. This created a conflict with the JS code that is need to properly load the elements on the page.

The exclamation mark is not accepted. The correct way of using the ID is by inserting only letters and numbers. There may be some characters hat are acceptable like the dash and underscore. I would recommend that you edit the page, change it to “now” and then in your menu items, you must change that too.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your reply, @ruenel.

I’ve removed the “now!” and hid that section as well as removed the menu item. Unfortunately, the slider is still not appearing correctly.

I’ve gone ahead and hidden the slider using the previous method (Classic Responsive Slider > Style > display: none;).

Hi @ahfweb,

I have checked and found the slider element is coming from a 3rd Party plugin named Cornerstone Power Pack, which may not be compatible with the latest version of Cornerstone. I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author on this.
Please remember that we don’t offer any issues related to the 3rd Party plugins and code.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.