Need video background to work!

Hi. I just heard that Themeco, does not advocate video backgrounds on mobile. But my current customer wants it and wants it to work nicely and flawlessly.

I had video background for a while on the website and it worked on mobile, but now it has stopped working and I have switched to a poster image for mobile. There must be some kind of solution to this? Please help.

https://vattenskoter.eu/

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out.
Most of the browsers will automatically disable background videos on smaller screens, that is why it does not show on the mobile. I would suggest you go through the following thread which may help you on this.

Thanks

Themeco has a self-playing video on its front page:

and

It also works on mobile devices. I think this problem should have been solved a long time ago. So many have pointed out the same thing. I do not mean to be rude but video backgrounds on mobiles are not directly uncommon.

Hello Jonathan,

Regretfully there is no option at the moment. Please note that the “Themeco” site that you have shared is not developed on the WordPress platform. The site has been developed on a custom framework.

Alternatively, you can use Video Element but it would not work on the background.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.