Migrating my Site

Hello there! Sorry for the stupid question!

I am totally new to this… I created a subdirectory called theglobalsportsman.com/new.
I built my test site, it is ready to publish.

My current website, www.theglobalsportsman.com was custom coded by someone who no longer works on sites and I needed a quick change.

Anyway, I have the new test site ready to be live and I am not sure how to proceed. I believe I need to migrate the site, but since the original site is not a Wordpress, I am afraid that is going to create some issues.

Sorry I feel like this is a stupid question, but I am at a complete loss as to how I should proceed.

Thanks so much!

Hi Patty,

Thanks for reaching out!

Regretfully, we don’t migrate any website because it is outside the scope of our theme support. I’ll just give you an idea of how you can proceed with the process, please do as follow:

• Ask your hosting provider to install a fresh WordPress installation in your server
  • Once it is up, you can check this documentation on how you can migrate your website using a plugin.
    https://theme.co/docs/how-to-migrate-your-site

If the above suggestion is not feasible on your end, you may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your issue or you can you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Will I need to purchase another license for Pro or can I migrate the site then revalidate the new site… I wont need two licenses

Hello @theglobalsportsman,

No, you don’t have to purchase another license for Pro since our license key supports multiple domains one for the live domain and another one for the staging domain. I would suggest you add your subdomain in the Staging box to get it validated.

Yes, you can migrate the site to the production domain and validate it. In case it doesn’t validate for you please have a look at our validation doc.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.