Loopers & search filters

Hi,

We are using Pro, and would like to use loopers to create a searchable page for our blog posts, ideally with filters for both categories and tags. Is this possible without a plugin? We would like to achieve something like this:

We are currently using Essential Grid, but find it slow to load and would prefer to do it without a plugin if possible.

Thank you!

Look for the element called Terms in cornerstone

you would set a layout for the archive, loop the Terms ‘category’ as a list above your posts

see an example from a site I launched recently > https://lunabranding.co.uk/brand-thinking/

Hi @boera,

You can check the following thread which might help you with this.

Thanks

Thank you both! I’ll play around and see what I can achieve:)

Hi @boera,

You are most welcome.

Hi there, additional question. Is it possible to create drop down menus for categories and also authors, as in my image above? The terms are great, but we have quite a few sub categories we’d either have to exclude, or it looks rather messy.

Secondly, with terms, they’re currently alphabetical - can they be reordered?

Hello @boera,

In case you want to keep the categories in the dropdown, I would suggest you please add the Dropdown element and then move the Term inside the Dropdown.
Test-Page-Cornerstone (37)

Regretfully there is no option for set order on the terms. It would require custom development. I would suggest you please contact a developer who can assist you with your concerns or you may subscribe to One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

Thanks and no problem. Next, how do I add a ‘Show all’ option in the terms?

Hi @boera,

You can add the Show All before or outside the Custom Looper Provider and add the link with the specific category.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

looks great scot!
how did you make that fade in from the text?
thanks in advance

1 Like

the text box hover effect when hovering over the posts?

an absolute positions div with the text, that has ‘effect’ applied to it

Hey @scotbaston,

Thanks for sharing your ideas, we really appreciate your effort and time.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.