License Registration & Validation

Hi,

I purchased the X Theme via envato and updated my staging site however when i went to validate the license i was directed to register a themco account which i did.

when i try to add the license i get the message ‘This license is already registered’

i can’t update my cornerstone plugins without activating.

thanks in advance.

Hey Byron,

The common cause of the “This license is already registered” error is URL mismatch between the one you registered (see secure note) and the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) in your site’s Settings > General.

If they’re exactly the same, the cause could be different so please also ensure that everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/how-to-update for more details.

If the issue isn’t resolved yet, please provide the following info in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP or cPanel access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

the license you referenced is for Pro not X which i purchased via envato.

Hey Byron,

I see you have converted X to Pro so now the license you should use is the Pro license and you need to convert X to Pro in your site first. To do that, follow the guide in this X to Pro Conversion article https://theme.co/docs/converting-from-x-to-pro

Once Pro is installed and X and Cornerstone deleted in your site, activate Pro. Follow this guide: https://theme.co/docs/product-validation

If the issue persists after installing Pro in your site and activating it, please kindly provide the details I’ve previously asked for.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP or cPanel access

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the clarification, i did not realize that the purchase was a license upgrade. i read the message as a special price to purchase it as a separate license.

We do not wish to change from X as the site has been heavily customised and we are actually trying to resolve an issue where the site won’t load if we upgrade wordpress to 5.4.2

I’m trying to upgrade our current X theme to the latest version prior to the WP upgrade but we don’t have any details of the original license used as the site was built on our behalf.

can you please advise how to either cancel the Pro license or revert it back so we have just the X license with cornerstone and slider revolution.

Regards,
Byron

Hi Byron,

Can you clarify what customization you did on the theme? I don’t see your site having an x-child-theme-active, I believe the customization that you’re talking about is not a template level customization, or else you’re risking to lose all your customization when you update the theme.

However, if the customization you’re talking about is the page design you did on Cornerstone, having PRO is actually a good upgrade.

Please clarify first, what customization you’re talking about, and we will provide a recommendation base on that.

Please note, that we encourage the user to have always the latest version of Wordpress, Theme, and Plugins.

And another important thing, which might be the real culprit why the site does not load after the update.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side Optimizer, CDN (CLOUDFLARE), and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi,

I couldn’t say for sure how the site was setup as it was built ~5 yrs ago. our marketing dept is trying to refresh it so we took a clone of our primary site ‘gladgroup.com.au’ and created ‘staging.gladgroup.com.au’

I can restore the site to a working state but this will not include all the work the team did before it broke with an automatic wordpress update.

what i want to try and figure out is if the site will work on WP 5.4.2 if i update the theme and cornerstone. If this is successful i would the need to figure out how to apply the updates to the ‘broken’ site as i have a full backup that i can restore to that state.

If i provided you access to the site would you be able to advise if we are using x-theme or x-child-theme and how the updates would impact the site.

the site is hosted with siteground.

Hey Byron,

To your question:

Knowing if you’re using a child theme is easy. Simply go to Appearance > Themes. If you’re using a child theme, you’ll see something like this:

Regarding your other question:

I’m sorry but we can’t help with that because it’s a huge request. That will require a website audit that we do not provide as part of our theme support.

Please just update your staging site manually and check the issues. We’ll investigate the ones that are related to our theme. Before we investigate, we need to know if our theme is really causing the issue so please kindly narrow down the causes by performing the Troubleshooting Steps mentioned in our Common Issues article here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

Thanks.

Thanks, i have managed to track down the root cause of the site breaking when the updates applies.

the siteground automatic update was changing/adding a line to our wp-config.php file.

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
@include_once(’/var/lib/sec/wp-settings.php’); // Added by SiteGround WordPress management system

this needed to be

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */

require_once( ABSPATH . ‘wp-settings.php’ );

I have installed pro and all work done has been retained so it all looks to have worked well.

Thanks.

Hi Byron,

Glad to hear that,

Have a nice day,

Hi, I have also troubles validating x theme, tryed a lot, changing staging url and location.
My credentials are:

Hi @prinzx,

Thank you for writing in, but the credentials you provided did not work, please check.

And please create a new thread as this one is getting longer and harder to follow.

In the meantime, please do the common troubleshooting guide we provided here.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.