Thank you for those details. The resources really helped. I do see the difference now.
Having said that, I’m still not a 100% clear on their application. I tried a scenario and the result was not entirely what I was expecting.
Create a single Layout that applies to a parent page and its children pages. The layout contains a navigation element.
- Created the Layout
- Assigned the Layout to the parent page
- The parent page itself DID NOT display the layout at all.
- The child pages DID display the layout
- Is it normal behavior for the Layout to not show up on the Parent page?
- Once a Layout is applied to the parent, how would you add content to the Parent page? Or would adding static content break the assignment?
I remembered from the Layout video you posted that there is a “The content” element. Adding that element allowed me to add individual content to each child pages while still benefitting from the layout. However, none of this seems to impact the Parent page itself.
Thank you for your help!