Layout content disappearing on update

This is a continuation of Page layout and content disappearing when editor saves if you could open that again if possible?

You can see what happens here, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OHr9lRYRYxj_ioO7ex0rrGrELb2-WnLn&authuser=tim%40newflight.co&usp=drive_fs

Same issue for headers, footers, blog archive, and blog posts. It’s very hard to recreate as it will randomly happen. As an editor tries to update a layout, once they refresh the page, all content disappears and it loses it’s display criteria, defaulting to “today” as the only criteria options.

This is on a multisite if that helps.

Hi, @timo9000,

I have checked the Layout Builder and it shows the Preview once you add the preview options as shown in the following thread referred to in your previous posts.

In your video, it has been shown that you have assigned the Layout to the Post and tried to get the frontend output through the Home Page and that is why it was not showing it. I have added the preview option and get the exact output.

Screenshot 2022-01-18 165443

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I think I understand, but we were just demonstrating / trying to test where the issue is. once the layout is saved all of the builder content disappears.

This is on a multisite and giving the admin super admin privileges seems to resolve the issue.

Hi @timo9000,

Great that it is resolved now.

Thanks

I’m not sure giving all users super admin rights is a resolution. It’s a short-term fix but I believe editors should be able to update content without it breaking.

Hi @timo9000,

Would you mind sharing with us an super admin and editor credentials so that we can check what’s going on? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.