Layout Assignment does not work

Hi team,

unfortunately the layout assignment to a specific blog page doesn’t work properly.
On this page you can see the new blog posts, which are working fine. You can only see blog posts with the category ‘executive briefings (EN)’:

If you click on the first blog content, you can still see the default-page. I’ve assigned the layout page “X 01 RCEP” several times to " Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP" which is a blog post and already published.

The page still shows the normal blog post:
https://eac-consulting.de/regional-comprehensive-economic-partnership-rcep/

The article refuses to adopt the layout.

Summary

https://eac-consulting.de/wp-admin
user: info@theme.co
pass: 4$Lkt1$KdP4Q6FjC

Do you have any idea?

Best,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

This might be a problem with that specific Layout, I have created a test page and tried to assign the layout but it fails. But while adding the first layout from the list it works perfectly, I also tried to add the first layout to the page you specified and it works too.

I have also found that you are using multiple layouts with the same design and structure, I would suggest you use the OR condition to assign it to multiple pages.

Hope it helps
Thanks

But what is the problem with the layout page? It is just used once for a specific content page.
Every page has different content, so I can’t assign it to multiple pages. This is unique blog-content.

EDIT: the problem now appears with all new posts. The layout is not assigned to the post.
Was there a software update a few days ago?

EDIT 2: now it works, but I need to make a copy of an existing layout and must not change the title… otherwise the system doesn’t apply the layout again… which is really ridiculous, really. This must be a bug.

Hello @cdelagarza,

I suspect that this is a bug or conflict with the latest release. This has already been added to our issue tracker and will be looked into by our development team. I cannot make any promises relating to a fix at this stage. I will add a note to the tracker referencing your report though so our dev team can see there are multiple reports of the issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sounds great, thanks! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

Important for understanding: the error occurs only as soon as the name is changed. As soon as we change this label, the layout will not be assigned and nothing happens in the frontend. As you see: we can only make a copy or duplicate the content but not change the name - unless we want to lose the layout.

Hope you can fix this asap as more content is published currently.

Hello @cdelagarza,

You can double click on the name to be able to rename it. If you cannot rename it, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.