iPad Issues with Pro

Hi there,

In follow up to: Issues on iPad with: Off Canvas, Modal, Accordion - Support - Themeco Forum

I am having similar issues with the mentioned elements. Off canvas, buttons (huge issue), accordion etc.

Not running Cache and all plugins are deactivated.

Running iOS 12.5.5 on iPad Air.

Thanks!

Hello @kademcconville,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, I’m experiencing issues with my accordions not opening on ios devices as well. I do not believe this is a plugin conflict. I believe this is a page load issue. The accordion appears to be broken, but once the page has completed loading entirely, then the accordions begin to work.

@kademcconville Can you confirm if this is the case for you?

If so, it seems like an issue of the Javascript not loading until the very end. @prakash_s is there a way to load Conerstone dependent js sooner? Any other ideas?

Hey,

1. [Testing for Plugin Conflict] - all plugins disabled
  2. [CSS/JS Customization] - No CSS/JS customization
  3. [Version Compatibility] - Wordpress 5.9.2 | PHP 8.0.15 | MySQL 10.4.18
  4. [Disabling Cache] - Cache Disabled
  5. [Child Theme] - Switched to child theme. No fix.

@adaptifyDesigns - accordion stays broken for me, unfortunately.

Updated secure note for just 1 of the example sites (all Pro sites are affected, approx. 20+)

Hey @kademcconville,

I’ve replicated the issue in an old iPad. Thanks for sharing the OS version number.

I’ll post this case in our issue tracker so that this will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

But, please note that iOS 12.5 is a very old version in terms of tech versioning. We officially only support the version WordPress supports and related to this it’s only the last 2 versions of iOS. You can see the versions here https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/browser-support/

With that said, we cannot guarantee that this issue will be resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.