Iframe on Cornerstone - Q&A

Good morning,

I’m sorry but I could not access the Themeco portal, which always gave loading, and I saw that the ticket in which he was talking is now closed. Referring to this ticket: Iframe on Cornerstone

You advised me to activate the Twenty Twenty theme, but if I log into WordPress I see this: “Twenty Twenty - You are using version 1.8. Upgrade to version 1.9.”
What do you advise me to do? We don’t use this theme, our main theme is the X Theme. Do you recommend updating the TwentyTwenty theme as well and see if anything changes?
I await your reply.
Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

I have suggested you activate any default theme like TwentyTwenty to check if the problem is only exists with our theme or not. I would still suggest you check, what I suggested in the previous thread.

Thanks

Good morning,

thank you for your reply. If I log into the WordPress dashboard, I can see that - in addition to the X theme - there are three other themes (Twenty Nineteen, Twenty Twenty and Twenty Twenty one). For these last three themes, WordPress tells me that we are using specific versions, so they are active. Also, for these three themes, an update is required. In particular:

• Twenty Nineteen theme requires upgrade to version 2.2
  • Twenty Twenty requires the update to version 1.8
  • Twenty Twenty one requires the update to version 1.5

If I create another page and add the video, everything works correctly: I can see the message for accepting the marketing cookies. This mechanism doesn’t just work on those three pages: are there any other tests I can run? Do you think I should update the 3 themes?

Thanks,
Federica

Hi Federica,

You don’t need to update the themes you mentioned. If you have created a new page and added the video after activating any of these themes, that means the problem may only exist with the X. In that case, we need to investigate it through the Admin Dashboard. I would request you create a new staging server and let us know the credentials.

NOTE: Please remember that we can’t do anything with the NDA if you required that.

Thanks

Good morning,

the three themes are active (because I think otherwise I would not see the version we use) and also the theme X (the theme of our site that we update when required) is active.
To do this test I have not deactivated the X theme. I have created a new page reported keeping what is present in the screens, is it correct?Schermata 2022-05-18 alle 16.52.41

I await your reply. Best regards,
Federica

Hello Federica,

You can update those WordPress themes and then activate one of the theme to test your site.

Meanwhile, I have inspected your site and it appears that you have installed a 3rd party plugin that is for a cookie consent opt-in marketing. I am not so sure what is the name though. This is the reason why the browser will ask the user first to confirm the cookie before it will display the video.

Hope this helps.

Good morning,

thank you for your reply. Yes, we are using Cookiebot Plugin and and it is correct that the acceptance of marketing cookies is required before viewing the video. The mechanism works on all pages, except for those two: https://www.opensymbol.it/chi-siamo/ and https://www.opensymbol.it/miglior-crm/

The three themes are already active because it shows me the version in use (see previous answer screen), or am I wrong?
I try to update the themes in the test environment and see if the situation changes.
Thanks. Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

As per the previous screenshots, it shows that you have activated the X theme and the three other themes. What I asked you before that too activate any of the theme except the X. If you are not able to update the themes, you can try by installing any theme, or you can delete the themes and re-install it.

Thanks

Good morning,

I have updated the three themes (Twenty Nineteen, Twenty Twenty, Twenty Twenty One) only in the test environment of WordPress, but the problem remains. How can I be sure those themes are active? We currently use theme X and I don’t think it’s a solution to replace it with other themes, am I wrong?
The problem, moreover, is only present in two pages, so I think that if the problem were the theme, in all the pages it would not work, right? Instead the problem is present only in two pages: are there other tests that I can carry out? How can I see if the themes are currently active?

I await your reply.
Best regards,
Federica

Ok, I have to deactivate the X theme and activate the others. But if this were the problem, shouldn’t the video problem be present on every video page?

Hi Federica,

As you have activated the default theme, I would request you follow the suggestion given in the below thread.

If you still find the issue after following the suggestions, then we need to investigate it through the Admin Dashboard. Please share the credentials for that.

Thanks

Good morning,

if you check the problem of the videos, can you please check also this problem Comments on articles identified as reviews - Cornerstone ?

I had already created a new page and tried to insert the video iframe and the problem did not occur, so it seems that the problem is present only in those two pages.
You can’t sign the NDA, right? Do you need access to both wordpress environments (test and production)?
Thanks,
Federica

Hey Federica,

Yes, we don’t sign an NDA. If the video iframe works on the new pages, there could be conflicts inside the two pages you’ve mentioned. I suggest that you try deleting the sections one by one on the pages where the issue occurs.

On the other hand, If you provide us access to your test and production area without signing an NDA, that would be a great idea!

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.