Iframe on Cornerstone

Good morning,

I am writing to you because I have updated all the videos on the pages of our site. In particular, I have embedded the YouTube iframe in Video Embedded: this shows by default the message “Please accept marketing cookies to be able to see the video.”.

Unfortunately, however, this methodology does not work only on three different pages of our site: the “About Us” page, the webinar “How to measure the ROI of a CRM project” and the article "Are you looking for a new CRM? three best CRMs ".

I tried to compare the pages but I could not find any discrepancies, I then observed the uploads of the videos in question, but unfortunately I did not find the solution here too. For safety, I tried to embed the iframe of the video in which the cookie acceptance notice does not appear on another page, and it works correctly: so I think, at this point, that the problem is with the page itself and / or related in Cornerstone.

Here are two examples:

• Page where the video is viewed correctly: https://www.opensymbol.it/customer-experience/ (if the user has not yet accepted the marketing cookies, the user does not see the video but reads “Please accept the marketing cookies to be able to watch this video” and if he accepts the marketing cookies, then he will see the video) .
  • Page where the video is viewed without accepting marketing cookies: https://www.opensymbol.it/chi-siamo/ (here the video can be seen even if the user has not yet accepted the marketing cookies and the warning does not appear, although the iframe has been entered in the same way).

Can you please check? I think it may be a Cornerstone problem, because we had some video and cornerstone problems a while ago.

NB: obviously to see what I say, don’t accept cookies.

Cornerstone settings are not visible from WordPress, if you want I can send you the folder

I await your reply. Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found the scenario you explained in your post. But it does not seem like the problem with Cornerstone.To be sure, create a new page in the default editor or by activating any default theme like TwentyTwenty and add the video into it and check if that problem exists or not. If that exists, then there might be something else is the reason for that, if that does not exist, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Peter,

thank you for your reply. I tried to create another page and insert a video (iframe) into video Embedded Classic Video, but everything works fine. So, that problem seems to be present in those three pages.
In order to provide you with access to our site, I need to get you to sign an NDA, due to Privacy. Can I send it here? Also can you indicate an email with which I can create the user on WordPress?

Otherwise are there any other checks we can carry out? Can I otherwise attach the folder linked to a landmark?
Let me know thanks.
Federica

Hi Federica,

It seems that you have already got into the cause of the problem. I suggest you check by deleting the section of that specific page one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue.

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to insert a new section on the page ( https://www.opensymbol.it/chi-siamo/ ) where not to compare the correct message, eliminating the old one and re-inserting the video’s iframe.
Unfortunately, however, the problem is not solved and I think it is strictly connected to the page…
How can we solve? Can you see any discrepancies from “inspect page” if you compare these pages https://www.opensymbol.it/customer-experience/ (where the message connected to the video - “Please accept the marketing cookies to be able to watch this video” - is shown correctly) and https://www.opensymbol.it/chi-siamo/ (where the message connected to the video is not shown correctly?

Otherwise would you have to re-create the pages and do a 301 redirect? However, it would be advisable to solve this problem by understanding its cause.

I await your reply. Best regards and have a nice day.
Federica

Hi Federica,

It is not possible to understand this problem by inspecting the elements through the Browser Debugger tool. If you need the page URL the same as for the working page, I would suggest the following steps.

Step 1: Save the working page using the Save Template option on that page.

Screenshot-2022-04-19-232602

Step 2: Remove all the sections from the Non Working page.

Step 3: Now load the saved template using the Load Template.

Screenshot-2022-04-19-232602 (1)

In that way, you can insert the same content from the working page to the non-working page.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

thank you. Yes, I know it is possible to save the template. So we can’t try to solve the problem on these pages? Is the only solution to recreate a new page with the same content and then do a redirect?
So you advise me to save the template (deleting the non-working section), create a new page by importing the template and inserting the video and then redirect from page x to page y? (pages that will have the same URL).

I also take this opportunity to ask for information: I had opened another topic ( Comments on articles identified as reviews - Cornerstone ) but it has been closed and I cannot reply. Can you reopen it? In order to give you access to the site I would have to have you sign an NDA. Otherwise I remain available for any changes / actions to be done to solve that problem as well. I would like to understand why the Schema Review is applied to a comment.

Thank you. I await your reply.
Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

I would suggest you follow the steps explained in previous posts. And regarding the other post, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and give us the access for further investigation instead of the NDA you referring to.

Thanks

Hi,

I have tried to do the indicated test but it still does not work. Are there any other exams I can take? If you want I can give you access to the site (if you give me your email) by signing an NDA. So maybe you can understand why it doesn’t work.

Regarding the staging environment: in this case I would have to get you to sign the NDA anyway, is it possible? I would like to know why the review scheme is applied to articles.

Let me know.
Thank you. Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

Unfortunately, we can’t help you with the NDA part. We can only help you if we get access to your website.

Thanks

Hi,

yes, I can create the access of the if you sign the NDA. Otherwise can I do other tests?
Best regards,
Federica

Hi Federica,

As I said it before that we can’t do anything on NDA. You can do the tests by activating the TwentyTwenty and check if that resolves your issue or not. If not the reason behind the issue is something else.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.