How to use custom font

Hello,

I’ve added a custom font, but I can’t see how to use it. As don’t see it in the font family options.
Could you please explain me how to do it?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for writing in! You need to enable the Font Manager in X or Pro > Theme Options > Typography. For more details, kindly check this out:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I checked the documentation already but did not manage to make it work.

Thanks.

Hi Antoine,

I would request you go through the article how a custom font can be added from the Custom Font: https://theme.co/docs/font-manager#enabling-font-manager-in-the-theme-options
Please find the video which will help you with this:

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you. I missed the step to add the font in the font manager, once it had been added as a custom font.
My font usually offer 3 choices for each letter. I can’t see this possibility in the editor. Do you know what I need to change to make it works?

Here is the font details for a better understanding : https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/roman-melikhov/conneqt?tab=glyphs

Thanks.

Hey Antoine,

I tried to check your setup but the URL you’ve provided is not reachable at the moment, either it’s down or the URL is incorrect. Can you please double check your URL and provided credentials.

For each font file you have uploaded, you can specify what weight and style should be associated with it (see screenshot) Your font also provides 3 styles that can specify in the Font Manager:

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. My website was down as I’ve been working on the DNS and did not manage to do it correctly. It’s ok now :slight_smile:

generau.com

What I mean with 3 different font styles is not regular, bold and black, but this is a different style of letters. This is why I added the link to the font in my previous message, for a better understanding. For example, when I edit the font in Photoshop it gives me the option to chose which letter I want to select.

I’d like to do the same on my website but did not understand how to do it so far.

Thanks,
Antoine

Hello Antoine,

I have checked your font manager and the fonts were successfully added already. When editing a page, you should be able to select the font family in the Text Option within the element settings. Take a look at my screenshot below.

You can check this out on a test page that I added in the secure note.

Hello,

Thank you for the test and the explanation. Yes, I manage to use the font indeed. I am now trying to achieve something else though and I guess my explanation was not clear enough.

Here are the 3 different styles I mentioned for the letter E. This is a screenshot taken from Photoshop and the same can be done for every single letter. How is it possible to select the different slyes within Theme Pro?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hello Antoine,

The feature that you are looking for is only available in Photoshop and other related software. This isn’t a feature in a text element or any other element on the theme. The Text Option where you can select a font will be applied to all the text inserted in the element.

Regards.

Hello,

I bought this font to use the different styles on my website and there must be a way to make it work. You don’t seem to be able to help on this matter, I will keep looking for a solution somewhere else then. I thought you would be the support to ask though, as I loaded the font following the document of the theme.

Regards,

Hi Antoine,

The option you are looking for is beyond the limits of the font manager.
Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.