How to remove background margins and make page full width

Hello,

I’d like to get rid of the border image for a couple pages of my site and make the margins smaller (see screenshot).

Also I paid for Themeco Pro and can’t upload it because of the WP 2MB upload limit issue I’m having. Is there any other way directly through SSH’ing into my WP-content folder?

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for writing in, please inspect your image element and look for the border option and set it to none.

However, I think you’re referring to the page background-image, if so, please navigate to Theme Options > Layout and Design and remove the image that was set on Background Image option.

Please follow one of the methods provided here on How to Increase the Maximum File Upload Size. If none, of the methods, work, please contact your hosting support on how to increase Increase the Maximum File Upload Size effectively.

Yes, you can upload it via FTP or SSH, but make sure you upload the folder pro not the zip file. You can extract it to your local computer before you upload it.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for the quick response!

For the first question–I meant that whole page has borders that leave margins larger than I would like ; even though the template I picked was blank, header no footer and no containers.

As for removing the background image in layout and design, that does it for the whole site and I only want it removed on one page.

For the upload limit, unfortunately I already tried all 3 methods suggested there and the limit hasn’t changed from 2MB.

Finally, the upload theme page on WP requires a zip file, so I cannot only add the pro folder:

Hello Calvin,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

Hello Calvin,

I have checked your site and I found out that you cannot install Pro theme simply because of your file max upload size limitation which is only 2MB.
5P39p2IWQLuIH9iCFgUPfA

To be able to increase the file max upload size, please check out this link:

With regards to the background and margins, please take note that your homepage is using Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template. On the other hand, your inside pages such as the About, Products, Support, etc, are just using the default page template. Please edit each of these pages and change the page template to get rid of the margins and the background image. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.