How to put an Element on top of another one?

Hi Everybody,
Anyone knows how to put an element on top of another one? Is that even possible in PRO?
Here is an example of what I would like to do. Put a small icon in the corner of an image or video player that when clicked opens a “Content Area Modal”. So, the question is how do you position a Content Area Modal Toggle on top of an image or video player and how do you set the Z-indexes properly as I don’t see the Z-index in the settings of neither an image nor a Content Area Modal element.
Or is there a totally different way to do this?
Patrick

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for writing in!

In your column, you insert a DIV element. Position the DIV element as “Absolute” and insert the content area model inside the DIV element. Kindly check out these screenshots:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 12.06.37 PM

Hope this helps.

Yes it does give me the solution. And by the way, I really appreciate your responsiveness each time I post a problem. Thanks!
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
I tried this out today. It does work, as I was able to put a “Content Area off canvas” on top of an image. However, there seems to be a problem with the “Content Area Modal” element. Wherever I try to insert one (in a DIV, or just in a column), it gives me an error: “This element failed to render. Additional error information may be found in your browsers developer tools.” I am using the latest version of chrome in Windows if you need to know.
Any idea what is going wrong?
Cheers,
Patrick

Hello Patrick,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Added the secure note giving you access.

Hey Patrick,

Updating Pro to version: 4.3.3 fixed the issue.

Oops! Should have checked my updates. Thanks.

Oops again! Should have tried out the new version before replying. The “Content Area xxx” elements seem to have disappeared from the elements list. The “Modal” is still there and I could use this of course, but where are the other 4 Content Area elements? Am I missing something?

Hello Patrick,

The Content Area elements were replaced with Dropdown, Modal, and Off Canvas content area. Kindly check out the detailed information in our release notes:

Best Regards.

I like the new elements a lot! Great improvement! How about backwards compatibility? I noticed that 4.3.3 still recognizes the Content Area elements I have already in my websites and I can edit and duplicate them. Will that remain or will the elements be deprecated completely at some point?

Hello Patrick,

The Content Area elements are backward compatible. It will still continue to work with the latest version of the theme. You just cannot create it in the latest version since it is already replaced with the new Dropdown, Modal, and Off-Canvas content area.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.