How to Create Template or Layout for Existing Category Archive Pages

How do I copy an existing category archive layout from my ethos theme (I use pro), so I may edit from there and make it my own? Rather than start from scratch? I want to be able to choose what I have and make it a template, so I can then copy the template and insert it when needed.

Basically, I want to change the look of all my category specific pages. What’s the quickest way?

Hi @kleins99,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can save the template and it will be save in your website template manager. You can check this documentation.

Then you can insert your content layout anytime you want by clicking the load template in your specific pages.

Hope that helps.

I still don’t understand. How do I pull up the existing template for the ethos theme blog archives page? So that once it’s pulled up, I may duplicate it and then edit it? You say “you can save the template,” but how do I load the original, so I may edit it and then save my version?

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry for the confusion, regretfully there is no option for that, you need to rebuild the Layout from scratch. There are 6 starter templates in the (Archive) Layout Builder, but none of these is close to the Ethos blog.

Here are a couple of resources to help you get started:

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.