How to assign different menus to a group of pages

How does one assign different wordpress menus to a group of inner pages. Whenever I do it, the home pages gets the new menu and loses its normal menu. I have searched the documentation and forum and cannot find the answer.
I did find an old forum post of mine:

Does this still describe how to do this?
Is the Cornestone interface the same?

Hello @johnboak,

Thanks for writing in!

Yes, the Cornerstone builder has a new interface. Please check out this video demo:

And yes, the same method should work when assigning a menu to specific pages. You will have to insert the Navigation element and add conditions and assignments to which you want the Navigation element to display.

Best Regards.

I very much need your help.

I have two menus: 1stGen-a and 1stGen-BTF.
1stGen-a is the primary menu of this site; it is on the home page
https://1stgenyale.org

1stgen-BTF is a special menu being applied to four specific pages for an event happening on April 29th.
I have spent many hour in recent days try to arrange things. But I have consistently failed.
It should be on this page, but it is not
https://1stgenyale.org/beingthefirst/

1stGen-a has six social media buttons.
1stGen-BTF should have none.

I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to assign the “BTF” menu to only the four pages.
But I am doing something wrong.
I cannot get the behavior I want.

When I see this I think I have done it but I have not.

This screen shot, from inside Cornerstone, shows the proper header, but it does not show up on the site.
Over the past fews days of struggle I have occasionally gotten it to show, but then it also shows on the home page, which I do not want.

I want the home page to show the one navigation which has the social media links and a few down-page links (1stGen-a ), and I want the four pending-event pages (such as “https://1stgenyale.org/beingthefirst/”) to show the other navigation bar (1stGen-BTF). What do I need to do to achieve this? I can only make one navigation show.

Hi @johnboak,

I have checked and found that in pending-event page has been assigned to a different header named 1stGen-a. I would suggest you select the different Menu for the Navigation Inline element of the header used on these pages.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Unfortunately this does not help.

I have no idea what a “pending-event page” means or where one might find “pending-event.” let alone understand what might be going wrong and what I should do to fix it.

If you read the message I sent, you will see what I am trying to achieve (assign one navigation header for the home page, and assign another to the four event pages.)
Surely there must be a way to do this.

I really do need some help to figure out how to do this.
I have been a loyal customer for many years.
I need help.
And you support people have done a good job of providing it.

The event is April 29th, so I am running out of time to solve this

Can you describe the steps and actions needed to assign the two navigation headers to the pages where they are wanted?

Home: menu name is "1stGen-a
Being the First: menu name is “1stGen-BTF”.
Donations: menu name is “1stGen-BTF”.
Being The First / theprogram: menu name is “1stGen-BTF”.

You have a Navigation interface.
You have a Page interface.
How do you assign one specific Navigation to one specific Page?
That is not at all clear.
Every time I try to attach one Navigation to one page, it changes the navigation on other pages.

Last year a Matt Frost from Theme.co contacted me about paid support.
If I had a phone # I would call him.
I need accurate, detailed support.

Thank you for your continued help on this very confusing matter.

Hey @johnboak,

I’ve checked your header 1stGen-BTF and found out that the assignment condition is using the AND. The AND condition will work if all the requirements are checked and correct. That being said, in order for your 1stGen-BTF header to work for these specific pages ( Being the First, Donations, Being the First / the program ), you need to use the OR condition.

Current Condition:

The right condition:

To know more about the AND or OR condition, please check this out:

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Quite useful,

You are most welcome @johnboak

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.