How do I get a custom page template to appear in Cornerstone page settings to choose from?

I added a custom page template to my child theme, but it doesn’t appear in the dropdown in the page settings. The name of the file is mc-home.php and I added it to the /framework/views/integrity/ directory as shown in the docs: https://theme.co/docs/best-practices. And it’s not showing up here, as expected:

Is there a config file where I need to add this or something?

I was able to edit a standard template and those changes took effect, but could not add my custom template.

Hey @SermonViewMarketing,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please make sure that you are using the integrity stack. If the issue still perstsis, would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your structure? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I actually found this post

which I followed and was able to get the template to show up in the list. However I do have one question about this. It says to create the template file in the root directory of the theme but then copy it into views/integrity, so does it need to be in both places and if I make changes to the file, do I need to make those changes to both files?

Hey @SermonViewMarketing,

You need to make the changes inside the views/integrity. It was stated in the best practices.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.