How do I add ''related post'' sidebar to all blogposts?

I’m trying to add a related blogposts widget or sidebar to the right or left side of each blogpost sorta like this:

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/professionalism-in-the-workplace?hubs_content=blog.hubspot.com%2F&hubs_content-cta=Creating%20a%20Culture%20of%20Inclusion%3A%20Revolutionizing%20Professiona

(See at the bottom)

Is that possible with Cornerstone?

Hey @MaXr,

Thanks for writing in! You can run a looper to display the related blog post items. Kindly check out this old thread:

Best Regards.

Thanks, Ruenel! Is there a way to do directly inside the builder? I’m not familiar with coding or where to find those things.

Hello @MaXr,

I would suggest you insert the post element. Please have a look at the screenshot below.

You need to set the Looper provider as a Query string

category={{dc:term:slug}}&post_type=post&posts_per_page=3&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}

Hope it helps
Thanks

I just tried, but I can’t edit the Blog page using Cornerstone like I can with the other pages.

See ‘‘Edit with Cornerstone’’ at the end of the ‘‘Home - Front Page’’ & it’s not there for the blog. Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 14.14.14 Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 14.13.56

Hello @MaXr,

Please note that related posts can be shown on the post details page, it seems that you are using the X theme so there is no option to show the related post on the post details page using the Cornerstone builder. I would suggest you please search for the related post widget plugin which can be displayed using the sidebar. You can search for the plugin in the WordPress plugin repository. Please note that we don’t provide any third-party plugin support. It is out of the support scope.

Alternatively, you can upgrade the X theme to the Pro theme where you would get an option to create a custom layout for the blog page and post details page you can use the Looper and Cornerstone layout builder to create a custom layout and show the related post using the builder.

Thanks for understanding

Thanks, Prakash! I found a plugin that does that.

You are most welcome @MaXr

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.