Header problems after update to 5.1.2

no assigning of header possible and old header anchor link is not functioning etc.

Hey @Marcuz,

Thanks for writing in!

With the release of the Pro 4.x.x, we have removed the header assignments and replaced them with Conditions and Assignments so that you can assign a header in a particular page especially any of the archive pages. Please check out this documentation:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

thanks for the info but what is with the issue regarding the anchor link, which happened after updating to the newest version.
thx in advance
regards
Marcuz

Hello Marcuz,

I checked your site, it seems that some of the Header menu items anchor link is working for example “ArbeitsWELT, WohnWELT, ME-team”. The other menu items are not working because the linked section ID is not there on the page. I would suggest you please add the correct section ID so that it works properly. In case if you have not seen the One-page navigation doc please have a look at it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello Prakash_s

don’t get me wrong but I know how to set up a one pager.
If you checked the site, as you said, please explain me, why the anchor “mespace” was responding, when clicking on the arrows inside the header before the update from 4. to 5.1.2. If I put #mespace behind the URL underneath the viewpoint of the header, it works as it should do, but having the header in viewport it does not!!!
The ID has not changed on the first section, so WHY its not working? Even if I change the ID to something else and change the anchor link accordingly, it is not working, so, something changed, after the update. PLEASE HELP.
The customer is waiting for it. I wanted to move it to their life site already last Friday… thx

Hello @Marcuz,

Can you please disable the WP Super Cache first? This issue could just be a caching issue. We would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi ruenel,

I put the necessary info in the secure note above and I confirm, that you have permission to login in and make changes.
Cache Plugin is disabled.

Regards
Marcuz

Hey Marcuz,

I have replicated the issue so this looks like a bug. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so this will be queued for investigation by our development team.

For now, if you can make your header sticky, that would be the temporary solution.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for looking into it, Christian.
Unhappy about the result, though.
Wish your dev team all the best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s a 100vh header, so sticky is not working
thx anyway

rgs
Marcuz

Hi Marcuz,

Sorry to hear that the solution didn’t work for you. My colleague has already reported this to the issue tracker so our development team will investigate it further.

Thanks

Hi tristup,
thx for the info.

I tried to set up a page without header and footer but with the content of both in sections above and beneath.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t work either, when using the menu setup within the sections

rgds
Marcuz

when set to the section below the target section, the ancher link (arrows down in header) works.
not within the navigation, though
rgds
Marcuz

Hi Marcuz,

Thanks for the information.

I just updated to 5.1.4, which had been released and the bugs are gone…

Thanks for the quick fix… You people are a great team

regards,
Marcuz

It’s always great to be of assistance, Marcuz.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.