Header not assigned on blog archive pro 4.0.9

Hi
Could you please assist I’m experiencing an issue of assigning a header to Blog Archive layout.

I’ve tried this approach Page shows deleted header - not responding on assignment in 4.0.8 however this issue is still there. The footer is assigned and works correctly.

Hello @Jeff10,

Thanks for writing to us.

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I went ahead and checked your site. It seems that you have created only one header that is set as a global leader. I would suggest you to creates another custom header and then set for the Blog archive page.

Click on the Settings icon—>Assignement —>Conditinon —>Edit—>Select Blog.

Please have a look at the screenshot given below.

Please make sure you set the Priority as “0”

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you for your suggestion and checking my website.

I tried your suggestion however this did not correct the issue. Before the upgrade from Pro3 to Pro 4. I had many header assignments and I think there may be something wrong with the header for layouts only.

I’ve created another archive and you can see the footer is placed correctly however the header is not.

Is there a way I can reset and recreate the archive layouts?
Look forward to your reply…

HI Found the issue… Just posting here if others read…

I added a condition to the element customize area that was conflicting the the Header conditions.

Note for others to check element conditions.

Please close this topic…

Regards
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Glad that things are well for you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any query.

Thanks

Do I possibly have my settings wrong? I tried the above and it does not work for me. I have version Pro 4.0.10

Everything was fine. I created a new global header and assigned it entire site just like the other was. I have page specific headers that were fine. However, once I assigned the new global header, it overrides all page specific headers except for one. I’m not sure why that one is not affected.

When I unassign the new global header, the page specific headers come back. However, the header on the rest of the site is generic.

I found a work around - To assign the global header to post type “post”. And then assign it to “or specific page”, “or specific page”, etc.

Do I have my settings wrong?

Thank you.

Hi Steve,

I suggest that you play around with the conditions and assignments for the headers, you can check for more information here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you. I do really love this software. I do get a bit frustrated at my lack of saavy as Pro continues to grow beyond my knowledge and basic site building. There is nothing better though.

I may have an issue here or I may not. The basic settings that use to work don’t anymore. I thought I had a site wide header set and was able to assign specific headers to specific pages without conflict. I can’t seem to get it to work that way now.

While all the other new functionality is awesome, I’m not sure what I need. I’ve tried as many configurations but must have missed one. What are basic starting from scratch settings? A site wide header settings? Priority? Then page specific header settings? Priority?

I mentioned in the previous post that I found a work around - To assign the global header to post type “post”. And then assign it to “or specific page”, “or specific page”, etc… And then assign page specific headers.

Is this how it is suppose to work now?

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Steve,

If you assign your header in the condition like “Post Type” as “Post” The Header would be assigned to all the Posts (For the post details page or you can say singular posts)

Please have a look at the given screenshot below

In case if you select the condition as “Page (Specific)”, it would give you an option to assign the header to any specific page that you can select from the select box.

Please have a look at the given screenshot below

themeco-Headers-Pro1

Hope it helps
Thnaks

Thank you for the reply.

I understand all this just fine.

I have one global header assigned to the entire site (just as it was pre update)

I have an index and specific service page headers set to page specific (just as it was pre update)

My page specific headers no longer show up and are overridden by the global header.

I believe that my page specific headers are still set correctly as they say page specific and nothing else.

So assuming this is not a software conflict and is my error, what should my global header settings be?

What should my global header settings be? It’s set at entire site. Is there an “and” or “or” or combination or sequence that needs to be added to it?

Thank you.

Hello Steve,

For the specific page header, you can reset it by following the process that I have mentioned in the above posts.

For the global Header, you don’t need to set any condition like “or”, “and”. You just need to select condition as “Entire Site” This header will be rendered to rest of your site accept only that Page, Post or archive page where you have set custom header.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

OK. Thank you. I do have everything set correctly.

I do have an issue then.

My global header is over riding all of my page specific headers except one. I have no idea why it’s not affecting that one.

I’ve done all I can think of. I’ve deleted, re-created, and re-assigned and it’s still the same.

Thank you for any help.

Hello Steve,

At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login details in a secure note so we can log in to your site, check your header settings and investigate the issue further. Provide us WP access in a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey @hpcadmin,

I’ve removed your credentials here because the original poster could see it. That is why we asked that you open your own thread. Please remember this.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.