Page shows deleted header - not responding on assignment in 4.0.8

Hi there

followme.aero/lufthansa

is supposed to show this assigned header

instead it shows this deleted header.

When clicking onto the pro header from here

I will get to an empty page, namely to the header 1056 which is deleted.

Here you seem to have a problem.
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s an available update for Pro 4.0.8, please update your theme, and let see if solves your issue. If the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can investigate further about the issue.

Thank you.

Hi

I updated to 4.0.8 and the error still persists. Actually it got worse, in addition the sites double up when setting a site specific condition.

As you might guess: the allocation of headers is pretty important
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

There’s something going on with WPML and assignments being gracefully upgraded. I’m not sure how to address it directly just yet. In older versions, assignment rules were all stored in one place since they were managed on one screen. Now that they are managed in Header settings, Pro 4 stores them inside the Header post itself in the database. The fastest way to get things working on your site again will be to do this:

1. Delete the assignment rules from older versions of Pro (see code snippet below)
  2. Assign your site wide header
  3. Go to each additional header and assign them to the appropriate contexts

To delete the old assignment rules, add this to functions.php of a child theme. Refresh your WordPress dashboard, then remove the code again.

delete_option( 'cornerstone_header_assignments' );
delete_option( 'cornerstone_footer_assignments' );

I’m sorry, I know this is a bit of work to reassign everything. Please let us know if this resolves the issue you’re encountering here.

Hi @alexander

Thanks for the info. Could you delete the old assignment rules for me? I am unsure what to do, I believe I have no child theme but just the master theme.

The reassignment can be made by me.

Credentials from the top are still valid.
Thanks
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I have done deleting the old assignments as what has instructed by @Alexander, who is our lead developer. I also went ahead and updated your theme to Pro 4.0.9. You can now reassign the headers and the footer.

Best Regards.

@ruenel thank you and happy holidays!

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Hey Andreas,

You have withdrawn your post. It is best that you create another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.