Header assignment breaks every time I upgrade from stability to current version of Pro

I’ve been using Pro for years and this is the first time I’ve had such difficulty getting the menu assignment to work as expected. I wasted hours yesterday getting it to show up for a while, then I’d update back to the current Pro version and it’d break again.

When I downgrade my new site to the stability version of Pro, I’m able to assign my homepage header and other pages header (2 varieties) without issue. But each time I upgrade to the current version of Pro (4.0.11) my header assignment breaks.

Specifically, when I upgrade, it reverts to the default, unstylized header for all pages. Essentially, it behaves as if I haven’t assigned a header yet. Using the new header assignment options does not work.

I’m thinking this could be a priority issue? How do I resolve this?

Here is a link to my site in development: https://freeerangeartist.wpmudev.host/

For reference, here’s a screenshot of the header that should show up on the homepage and the assignment settings:

And here is a screenshot of the header for all other pages and it’s assignment:

Thank you!

Hello @Hjfinch,

Thanks for writing in! In your other header, please set another condition group that the header should be displayed when the page is not Home.

And also be mindful of the priority values. You may check out this video by @Kory here:

For reference, check out the documentation as well:

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I added the condition you recommended and adjusted the priority to -100.

It has not resolved the issue.

Neither of my the headers I’ve created will show up. Again, it is defaulting to the basic header - the one that I could adjust from the “theme options.” [see screenshot below]

As I mentioned in my original post, when I downgrade my theme to the stability version, I’m able to assign both headers without issue.

Please advise, thank you.

Hi @Hjfinch,

To better help you with your issues, we need to check on how you set up your headers priority. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you, I added a secure note to my most recent post.

Hi @Hjfinch,

I have checked that the issue is with the Header assignment, even assigning the Home Page header to the entire site does not work. There might be a different reason for this, to investigate it further I would request please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Please confirm, if the current setup is the staging, and we can start testing into it.
Thanks

Hello!

This site is my staging site - I’m not directing any traffic to it currently. So please go ahead and fix it there.

To be clear - I have two headers that I want to assign (one for homepage, one for rest of site). Neither are working.

Also, my site is backed up nightly, so don’t worry about breaking anything. I can always restore a backup if needed.

This is a new site, so I’m surprise to be having so many issues. I really need to get this resolved soon. It has significantly delayed my website.

Thank you.

Hello @Hjfinch,

I have updated your Pro theme to 4.1.3. It seems that the issue is now resolved.

Kindly check your staging site now. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s resolved.

Hey @Hjfinch,

Another stability update has been released. Please update to Pro 4.1.5.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.