Hamburger menu stuck and slow

Our hamburger menu gets stuck or is very slow. This has been happening for almost a year. We really need help to fix this as it is affecting many users. I previously wrote about this issue.

Testing For Plugin Conflict - I did this, and there was no change.

Child Theme and Css/Js Customization - Not sure how to check this.

Disabling Cache & Disabling Cdn
CDN is disabled by default on the site and database caching can be disabled but page/site caching cannot be disabled on the hosting end.

Please help. Thank you!

Hi Ashley,

If you have already performed the common issues, I would suggest you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Secure note added, thank you so much!

Hi Ashley,

I have checked your website and found that you are still using the older version of Pro i.e. 5.1.5. I would suggest you update it to the latest version i.e. 6.2.6 and let us know if the issue still exists.

Thanks

Thanks for noticing that. I updated to the latest version and sadly it’s still not working. Here is a video showing how slow it is.

Hello Ashley,

The Navigation Off Canvas is using javascript. You will have to make sure all the page resources are loaded to make sure that the toggle will work. I would recommend that you create an almost empty page where you can load it faster with all of the page resources and then test the Navigation Off Canvas again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Okay I created a blank page and assigned the header “hawaii” but the correct header is not displaying.

https://revealhm.com/untitled-page/

The old header seems to be fast though.

What would you recommend now?

Hi Ashley,

I have checked the page and found that the correct header is showing and the Hamburger menu is also working perfectly fine. I would suggest you follow the suggestion given by my colleague, Runel.

Thanks

Hi! @reunel
The page with nothing on it, the hamburger menu is still loading slowly.

Hey Ashley,

The modal in the empty page loads fast on my end compared to pages with content and that is normal. By the way, even in the other pages, I can open the modal fast. You need to wait for your site to fully load to be able to use the features powered by Javascript like the modal as explained by Runel.

I have tested your site in iPhone 14 and iPhone 7. Both phones open the modal fast (at least not like in your video). It’s normal for your modal to not open very fast because your pages are heavy. Your Hawaii page, for example, freezes a bit while loading. It’s natural you can’t do anything in the page while it freezes. The freezing is neither caused by the modal nor our theme. The page is simply heavy with content in addition to loaded scripts like Slider Revolution and your videos.

There is no solution to this but to reduce your content or change the heavy parts with lighter options like instead of using Slider Revolution for the video, use the Video element in the builder.

We had a developer take a look, and this was their reply:
“Hi Ashley, after working on it for a few hours over the last few days, there isn’t much I can recommend to fix the issue other than to use a different theme or to have the theme developer troubleshoot the issue. There are javascript files that are loading that are huge and take a long time, blocking the site from “working” during that load time, etc. If you run a page speed test against the site, it’s really obvious what’s going on, but it’s not something we can fix. Sorry for the junky news…”

I understand that it may be loading fast for you, but for me and the 3 others I had test it with me, it loads slow. We can’t have it working slow for people as it prevents them from getting to our booking or contact page. We feel super strongly that this issue needs to be fixed and aren’t sure what to do.

The largest JS on the site is Revslider and the Instagram feed plugin. This was what Christian was getting at when he said to use our video element instead. You do that you will cut out 500kbs off this page. Changing the theme will probably run into the same issue. Our main js file iscs-classic for reference. The video is also larger on mobile (20mb). I would start by using the desktop video on mobile or downsizing the mobile video.

I also recommend checking out our service https://theme.co/one as I think you would benefit from dedicated developers helping you setup outside the scope of normal support.

There is an actual delay in older iOS click events. I thought about integrating this library however newer mobile phones don’t have this delay and most recommendations are to not disregard the delay.

Let us know if this helps.

Okay, I will try to use the video element instead and also try downsizing the videos.

Hi Ashley,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.