Global Block Keeps Breaking and I'm not sure why

Please see attached screenshots

website in question is comparegasandelectric.co.uk

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for writing in! In your Row element settings in the global block, make sure to disable the Global Container and set the width/maximum width to 100%.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 6.12.37 AM

If this does not help, please provide us access to the site so we can check your page settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Replied, thanks for getting back to me

Hello Christopher,

I have investigated the issue further and it seems that your 3 Card Global Block is corrupted. The styling on this global block is not rendered on the front end. By the way, I am just wondering why you are using global blocks. You could have just edited the home page and added all those sections. It got complicated because you have the sections built with the homepage via layout builder via global blocks. You could have just added this on one single page.

You must have misunderstood the use of the Layout Builder and Content Builder. The Content Builder is great for creating a post and/or page content. You can use the Layout Builder to have a custom layout for your archive pages or to have a custom layout for all your single posts (or custom post types).

These are your custom layouts:

FYI: Your Contact page and the Homepage can be edited in the Content Builder while the Layout Builder can be used to edit the Blog index.

Sooner or sometime later, you will encounter other issues because of the current setup that you have. For example, your blog index page layout is assigned as:

This condition could mean that All Singular (whether a page or post) will be using this layout. And this will give you a problem if you want to have a different layout for a page. And I believe this is why you have used the Layout Builder to create the Contact Page instead of just using the Page Builder. I would highly recommend that you modify the condition and use the “Post Type is Post” only.

I know that my explanation goes beyond the issue where the only problem is that the 3 Card Global Block is not displaying properly. I have just a hunch that the issue is rooted in how you created the pages. If you only do it properly, we can resolve the issue and prevent any further conflicts and issues sooner or later.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Ruenel,

Thank you so much for your detailed response.

Yes this is my first time building my own Wordpress … I’ve played with other setups on other people’s websites, Elementor, BeTheme etc but never Themeco’s … So it’s all been a lot of learning as I go.

Your comments about how I should be using Pro are really helpful… Thank you for clearing up what I should be doing where, I’m going to clean it up now.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Ruenel,

Thank you so much for your detailed response.

Yes this is my first time building my own Wordpress … I’ve played with other setups on other people’s websites, Elementor, BeTheme etc but never Themeco’s … So it’s all been a lot of learning as I go.

Your comments about how I should be using Pro are really helpful… Thank you for clearing up what I should be doing where, I’m going to clean it up now.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Chris

P.s. Issue is resolved :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,

Glad that we are able to help you :blush:

Thanks

Thanks Tristup

If the tickets closed thats cool…

I was going to ask though … the ‘Content’ block thats dynamically populated… How do I control what goes in there?

Also is it possible to create posts within Pro or is it pages only? I’m guessing the layout functionality is for posts that were created prior to pro… because I cant find a way to create posts within Pro

Oh and just so you know in case you ever come up against it again…

I found the problem (just now) - I was making a new page… and it was doing the same thing.

The problem was in the letter spacing in ’

Theme options’

Hi Chris,

The Content Builder can be used to create the Posts or Pages both. I would suggest you go through the following article on how to use the Page Builder.

We are not sure what you tried to mean by the Content block that dynamically populated, are you trying to point out a specific section? Please elaborate it bit more.
I also went to the Privacy Policy page but was unable to find the issue described in the screenshot, please specify the page/ layout where you are having this issue for further investigation.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.