Getting Fatal Error and unable to access wp-admin, website is running otherwise

Hey Support,

I’m getting the follow error when I try to access wp-admin

Any help would be appreciated! I tried updating my x theme and this is the error that happened after attempting to update. I have not updated to the latest version of wordpress yet. Thanks!

John

Hello John,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of PHP memory issue, I would suggest you please update the theme manually, in case you have not seen the theme update doc please have a look at it.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
    *FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ll try that, would it be beneficial to update to the latest version of Wordpress before or after?

Hi John,

The issue related to the WordPress version 6.2 has already been fixed, and the latest version has been released. I would suggest you go through the following thread and update the X as explained in it.

If you are not proficient, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you with this, or you can avail of our newly launched service called TOTAL CARE, where we offer implementation support too.

Thanks

Hey Tristup,

I did already follow that thread and updated X, still getting the fatal error. Also, when I go into my dashboard after that update, I am unable to connect my x theme with my key that I’ve been using since 2016. Your help would be appreciated instead of directing me to hire a developer.

1 Like

Hi John,

Regretfully, updating theme is beyond the scope of Theme Support and that is why I suggested you hire a developer or avail the Total Care service.

Thanks

Hey Tristup,

I don’t think we are on the same page. The theme is already updated and I’m getting this error. If I switch to another theme the error goes away so it leads me to believe that the issue is with the X theme, so I would appreciate your support which seems to be within the scope of this request for the theme developer to deal with a theme not functioning properly. Thanks for taking a look or maybe someone else on the support team could take a look?

Hello your site is back. You had the WordPress 6.2 infinite loop issue. I don’t think your upgrade of X went correctly unfortunately it looked like X9 or 8 code. I placed the fix in your current theme version, but I’d make sure to upgrade to 10 at some point. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.