Formatting Post Pages in Pro 6

I cannot find a place in the new Pro to format posts or create a template. I opened the posts in Cornerstone and assigned the header and footer, but it got rid of the content of the post.

I’d like to design a template for all posts. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hello Rick,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case you want to create the custom template I would suggest you create a custom layout for the post pages. You need to go to the Cornerstone—>Click on the plus icon—>Select the layout for the post. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

In case you have not seen the doc please have a look at it.

After creating the layout you must assign it. Please have a look at this doc to learn more about how to assign the layout.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi, Thank you for the info, but I don’t see where it assigns the layout globally. I don’t want to have to set the layout on every post after it has been posted (it’s a client site).

Also, I have the latest version of Pro and I do not have the same settings panel as shown in the “conditions-and-assignments” article (see attached).

I know how to assign templates onto existing posts/pages, but I simply want to edit the layout of ALL posts globally and I can’t seem to find it.

Thank you!

Hello Rick,

In case you want to assign the layout to all the single posts then go to the layout —>Settings —>Assignment —>Conditions —>Post type as Post. The layout will be applied to all the single posts.

Untitled-Single-Single-Cornerstone
You need to follow the same steps for the blog post archive page.
Untitled-Archive-Archive-Cornerstone (1)

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

As I said before, I do not have Conditions as an option and looking around, I cannot seem to find any way to show them. See attached.

Hello Rick,

You are editing the specific post. You need to edit the Single layout to be able to assign it as your global post layout. If you have not created it yet, please do so:

If you are still having some difficulties, please provide us with your WP details as asked by @Prakash_s in his response.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.