Fixed logobar

I am trying to create a fixed logo bar using Ethos. I checked the forum and found the following article - Fixed Logobar in Ethos. It could work but is missing something because the logobar does not stay but there is a space created for it by the css. Please take a look and tell me what is wrong with the code from the article. I have applied the JS and the suggested CSS. Thank you.

http://50.87.175.141

Hello @kstidham,

Thanks for writing in! The JS and CSS do not apply to your site. You need to update it and use this code instead:

JS code:

jQuery(function($) {
   $(window).scroll(function() {
      if ( $(this).scrollTop() >= 150 ) {
           $('.x-logobar').addClass('x-logobar-fixed-top');
      } else {
           $('.x-logobar').removeClass('x-logobar-fixed-top');
      }

});
});

CSS code:

@media (min-width:979px) {
	.x-logobar-fixed-top {
	    position: fixed;
	    width: 100%;
	    top: 0;
	}

.x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
	    top:151px;
	}
}

Be advised that this is just a sample code to get you started with. You will have to maintain the code and add necessary changes to it when it is possible.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

I will tweak the code and maintain it if we can get it to the point where the logobar will stay fixed. This did not seem to work. Please check it on your end. I have cleared my cache and tried it in a couple browsers.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hey @kstidham,

The CSS did not take effect because it is overridden. Please have it updated and use this instead:

@media (min-width:979px) {
	.x-logobar.x-logobar-fixed-top {
	    position: fixed;
	    width: 100%;
	    top: 0;
	}

.x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
	    top:151px;
	}
}

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Yeah. Finally worked. Thank you.

:+1: Glad to hear and you are welcome!

Hi Kory,

As I replied, this worked. I have tweaked the code and the css and it is formatted the way I want. One more thing I have to ask. Can you look at this live again. Is there anyway to just get the logobar to stay fixed? It starts to scroll, then drops back down into position. It looks a little quirky and unstable the way it works now. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey @kstidham,

Further customization from here would be getting into custom development which is regretfully outside the scope of our support. X header is designed with the basic ready to go settings so we often receive header related customization questions or requests and this was the reason why a header and footer builder was created and an advanced X version was formed now called Pro . Please consider upgrading to Pro so you can build a custom header yourself without custom coding. In case you upgrade to Pro and you get stuck with the options, we’re here to assist all the way.

You can also checkout https://theme.co/docs/converting-from-x-to-pro and https://theme.co/docs/the-difference-between-x-pro

Hope this helps!

So you helped the person before me but now that you have a money making mechanism designed around the shortcomings of your template…I get to pay? That is ridiculous. You know enough to make this work but not enough to make it fixed? Which was the initial goal. The problem I have with using your service is, you always present it after taking someone so far. I’ll pay someone else before I pay you to walk me to the edge and then abandon the issue.

Oh and by the way…perhaps you include this in a future update. Seems like a basic request.

Hi @kstidham,

What you are expecting is not possible with the X theme you are using. Whereas the Pro has the option to customize the Header builder which can help with what you trying to achieve. And that is why my colleague suggested you upgrade into the Pro, I would also suggest you the same to get the customizable header options, please go through the process here: https://theme.co/docs/converting-from-x-to-pro

Thanks for understanding.

You said it is not possible, but it works. Just needed a tweak. I would suggest anyone who wants to use Pro know a lot about responsive formatting. The example code and css on your forum was for x theme standard not Pro. Have a nice day.

Hi @kstidham,

What my colleague trying to say is that it is not possible with the standard settings using the X theme and it requires customization to achieve your goal. The reason why we are suggesting you upgrade your X theme to Pro because this functionality can be done with Pro settings without customization. Please note that enhancing custom code is outside the scope of our team support even though you get the code from our forum. You can check here the support terms.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Marc…why is it, every time myself or another client has an issue and voices their opinion. You all have to keep coming back and arguing? I know you are offshore but in the US we do not pick fights and arguments with our clients. It has taken you more time to keep responding then it would have to just provide the support I requested.

Please take my advice on how to deal with your clients and just stop being a right fighter. I have purchased 70 or 80 licenses from Themeco. I would appreciate a little respect instead a head wind every time I request support. Sounds like a great time to find a new theme to use in our project development.