Feature Request: Add parallax to an image element

Hi there,

I’d love to see the ability to add a parallax movement to an image element. The little float feature is all the rage right now. Is that on the roadmap at all? Or is there a way to do it that I’m not aware of?

Thanks!

Jared

Hi Jared,

Thanks for reaching out.
The parallax effect mostly worked on the background image, not the image tag you are expecting. Still, I will check the options and will add if that is possible.

Thanks

Yeah, I’ve used it quite a bit on background images.

Here is a exampls of the functionality I’m requesting: https://thisisgrow.com/services

Hi Jared,

What shown in the example is the transform animation, not the parallax. And transform animation can be achieved using the Effect Module and especially the Scroll options, which will help you with this.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Oh, interesting. What sort of settings would achieve that effect? I’ve tried tinkering and can’t figure it out.

Hello @jiggyjargon,

I would highly recommend that you check out this video demo instead:

Best Regards.

I’ve watched that video before. Lots of helpful info in there. I just watched it again and don’t see how to replicate the effect I’m after, though. What settings would you use?

It’s impossible to achieve what you want. @ruenel/@tristup are confused. In your example effect is continuous and tight to scroll event. Effects module can only do In&Out when target object is in/out of viewport.

I asked it as a feature request in the past: Feature Request: Animate Anything on Scroll

All you can is +1 that request I guess. And use external lib / custom JS to do that in the meantime.

Gotcha. That’s what I was thinking. Love to +100 on that feature request. That would be a GAME CHANGER.

Hi @skripkin,

Thanks for chiming in!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.