Extra Margin on left side of blog when in masonry mode?

There is an extra large and in three column masonry mode on my blog at ohiotimberworks.com

Hello @nvanhoose,

Thanks for writing in! I can’t help but noticed that you are using an older theme. We highly recommend that you update to the latest version first. You can find this documentation helpful in doing so.

If after the update, the issue still persist, you might want to check this article as well:

And if ever everything fails, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’m kind of terrified to go this alone. I had brain surgery and am trying to get back at it. I def need help but I have a child theme installed it that helps. I will work on getting you the credentials in a secure note. Thank you

Hey @nvanhoose,

Since this is a live site, it is not a good idea to update it right away. We highly recommend that you create a staging site first where you can clone the current live site and then do the updates and troubleshooting in the staging area. Once every thing works great, then we can proceed to update the live site. This step is crucial so that we do not create other issues or make your live site down and unavailable.

Please check this out first:

Best Regards.

ok ill work on that tomorrow thank you

You are most welcome, @nvanhoose.
Do not hesitate to contact us again if you need help.

so im using soft calculus. i have an install at url/staging. What is the best way to update the x theme?

Hey There,

You can update the staging site first. You can update the X theme manually. Please check this out:

Cheers.

at the new url should i choose replace current with existing?

Doing this generated a critical error

Hello @nvanhoose,

You will have to deactivate the Cornerstone plugin when you have uploaded the latest version of the X theme. Delete Cornerstone plugin and go to X > Addons while the latest bundled Cornerstone plugin is installed automatically in the background.

Can you please send us the WP access to your staging site as well?

Best Regards.

I’m having trouble deactivating the corner stone plug-in. Explanation and staging site details are in the private message I just posted. Thank you

Hello @nvanhoose,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you please share your FTP details so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

new details for yall

Hey @nvanhoose,

I deactivated the child theme in your staging site and the left space was gone. There’s a custom code in your child theme that caused the issue.

Investigating custom code issues is beyond the scope of our theme support. You need to reach out to your personal developer to fix the customization in the child theme. Or, you can subscribe to our One premium support where we provide general WordPress support including checking your child theme customization.

Also, before reporting an issue to us, please kindly perform the troubleshooting steps listed in our Common Issues article here: https://theme.co/docs/common-issues. One of the steps is checking if the child theme is causing the issue. Performing the troubleshooting steps catches the cause of the issue earlier most of the time.

Thanks.

so is the site up at staging using the newest x theme?

Hello @nvanhoose,

The staging site is still using the old version X theme 4.3.1 with Cornerstone 1.1.3. Further investigation made by @Christian, showed that the issue is coming from your code in the Child theme. So, right now, the site is using the parent theme. You can proceed to update the X theme and Cornerstone to the latest version. Again, you may need to do it manually and check out this documentation as your guide:

Best Regards.

hey sorry to prester you. I had a surgery to remove a brain tumor and my skills are taking their time coming back.

Basically I can make changes to the staging version of the website as it exists, and when im ready, softcalc can replace the site as it is on the staging site? This would update the X theme?

Im a little overwhelmed. sorry

If I bought a pro license would we be able to fix the bug? Im also seeing an issue at the staging site where the site sticks on the blog preloader. The dots

Hey @nvanhoose,

You can ask your web host about this. If your web host has feature to push the staging to live, updating X on staging then pushing it to live basically updates the X theme in your live site. It’s your web host that can help you with this.

There is no bug. The issue is in your child theme and we can’t fix that as part of our theme support. If you subscribe to our One premium support, we can point you to the right direction regarding your child theme.

If you want us to implement a fix for your child theme instead of you doing the work, you can purchase a block of hours from our Elite service here: https://theme.co/elite

Thanks.