Extra Content before Portfolio Page

The portfolio page seems to be a very special page layout. But a customer wants to add extra Content before the portfolio page begins. I’ve tried it with giving the portfolio page a specific layout template with “the content” below. But it’s rendering the portfolio stuff allways at the beginning of the page.

Anything else i could do?

Hello @Regnalf,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ve added credentials. But the layout system seems not to work in generally

Hello @Regnalf,

I checked your settings it seems that you have created a single layout and assigned it to all the pages/posts. Please note that when you assign the layout like this it would render to every pages and post and post type. I also noticed that you have set the page template as Layout Portfolio to the Portfolio page which means it would be a portfolio archive page and it will list the Portfolio item. It would not list the “the_content” of the Portfolio page. In case you want to create a custom layout for the Portfolio archive page you need to create a custom archive layout and assign it to Portfolio. You may add the custom text on the Layout after/before the portfolio item and assign it like this.

Untitled-Archive-Archive-Cornerstone (4)

Please have a look at this doc

Hope it helps
Thanks

Ok, here’s what I tried:

As far as I know from the documentation, the portfolio page is a special single page with the special selected portfolio layout template.

screenshot 2

Right?

So I thought if I wanted to put some special content on this page above the portfolio list I could best do that with its own single page layout. Because the portfolio page is by definition a single page although it behaves like an archive page and displays multiple items (portfolio items). And I guess that the portfolio items are loaded by script, which is obvious when filtering.

So if I create an archive template for portfolio items, how can I address it with a URL?

I have now decoupled the Portfolio page from the General page layout so that it no longer affects the Portfolio page.

screenshot 1

Unfortunately, for some reason, the filter functionality no longer works and is not displayed.

So again, I don’t see how this would work with the archive layout if the portfolio page is actually a single page.

Hello @Regnalf,

You can edit your "Header Master " custom header and add a 3rd Bar element. This is where you can place any of the content you want to ONLY display on the portfolio page or in single portfolio item posts. Your condition would be like this:

Best Regards.

I have also thought of this possibility, I just hoped that it would be possible to influence the portfolio page in a different way.

But if this is the best option, I will try it.

Hi @Regnalf,

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

Thanks, but do have an idea why the portfolio filter is missing? I’ve deactivated all the layout settings, but the filter didn’t show up anymore!

Hi @Regnalf,

If you set Custom Header to the Portfolio page, the Filter will not be shown.

Thanks

Ok, you’re right, the filter function is coming back. But if that’s the case, I can’t implement @ruenel suggested solution!

Hi Kevin,

Yes, in that case, you can’t implement it.

So, what can i do now? I need a custom header for the whole website!

Hey @Regnalf,

If you want a custom header with filtering option, you may try checking this filtering option.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Oh wow, this is really high quality pro stuff :open_mouth:. I’ve been thinking about something like this in the back of my mind as an alternative, but using the existing WordPress category URL logic.

I still think it’s bad that the portfolio functionality is not completely compatible with the pro header system. Because the filter function via Javascript, so that the page does not have to be reloaded, and the cool animated filter effect would be preferable to me.

But thanks @marc_a for the video, if it is the current solution for this, I will gladly try it.

Hi @Regnalf,

That is the solution for the custom header with the filter option.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.