Dragging/dropping in elements in X theme not working

Hi,
I’d like to create a gif or video banner that sits just under my navbar and above my site content. It’s just a looping slideshow I made so that I have better control than just the still images.

I’ve tried dragging a video element into my site, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hello Nicholas,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache
  4. Version Compatibility

If none of the above help, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Secure note sent. Thanks!

Hello Nicholas,

I have logged in to your site and edited your homepage. I can drag an image element into the page without any issues.

If you need a fullwidth layout of the page, please edit your page and in the Page editing screen, change the page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer.
You can find it in the Page Attribute meta box:

And if you are editing in Cornerstone, find the Gear icon so that you can get to the Page Settings.

To know more about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Meanwhile, if you want to integrate a video, it is best that you use the Slider Revolution plugin so that you can integrate the slider into the page. You may refer to this documentation as well:

Please let us know if this works out for you.

I’m going to try all this now. Thank you so much!

Worked great! Now I have a few more questions:

There’s a thin line of space between the navbar and the slider. I tried to squeeze the margin down as far as I could, but if I get too close it messes up video alignment. How do I get the video to “touch” the navbar?

Also, I noticed in Cornerstone, my homepage has a “page_id=31” suffix to it, and my actual homepage is not being changed. How do I make this homepage my “real” homepage?

One more: why is the slider not stretching to the full width of my screen?

Hi Nicholas,

To remove the space between navbar and slider, please add this code in your X > Theme Options > CSS.

.masthead .x-navbar {
  border-bottom: 0;
}

and also set the padding of your section to padding-top: 0; I went ahead and change it.

I already fixed your permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and set it to Post name.

After all the changes above, your slider revolution is now on full width.

On the other hand, if you want to display your homepage layout when they visit your page. Please go to Settings > Reading and Homepage as Home.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Yes! This is all working great, and is coming together nicely.

Next question: I installed Smash Balloon on my site, and some of the code has leaked out on either side of the widget. Did I do something wrong?

Hello Nicholas,

It seems that you had added the shortcode of the of Instagram feed in the place of element class and ID because of that code was rendering in the frontend.

Please have at the given screenshot below.

After removing the shortcode from the element Class and ID Output

Thanks

Ah, got it. Thanks again!

Hello Nicholas

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

Okay, so here’s the thing:

If I remove the short code from either class OR id, the feed will not show up at all. But I don’t see another place where I would add the short code.

Hello Nicholas,

Please remove the shortcode from the ID or the class field. You will have to go to Appearance > Widgets and then insert an HTML or a text widget to the Main Sidebar. You should be able to insert the shortcode in the HTML or a text widget that you just inserted and it will display in the Main Sidebar which will also reflect on the page that uses the widget area.

Hope this makes sense.

Perfect sense! Got it working. Thanks!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.