Double scrollbar when logged out

Hi there

since I have updated my website with some scroll-effects such as fade in or transitions of text, I get a double scrollbar on these pages.

Strangely the double scrollbar disappears, if I am logged in to WordPress. As soon as I log out, the double scrollbar is there again.

When scroling down on the webpage, it stays until about 2/3 of the page, then the double scrollbar disappears.

If I am logged out of WordPress and clear the cache of the URL with adding /?cache=0 to the URL, the double scrollbar disappears too.

Any idea what could be the problem with this page:

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked and found the double scrollbar is appearing as described here. I suggest you go through the following thread related to the double scrollbar, which may help you.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply and for the links. Unfortunately I din’t find a solution to solve the problem. I also tryed with this CSS:

.x-main.full {
overflow: hidden;
}

…but that didn’t work either. Any idea what I did wrong?

Kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

I’ve checked your website but don’t see any double scrolling, maybe you have fixed it? If not, please share a screenshot.

Thank you.

Hi Marc

I am working on it but haven’t found the exact problem. I think it has something to do with columns which are nested in parent columns. If the parent column (column 1) is set from < div > to < a > to set a link, and there is another column 1 nested in this parent column 1, it seems the two identical names of the column within a section causes the issue with the double scrollbar.

I have now given each column unique names and for some reason the double scrollbar disappears on these pages.

I am not quite sure if this is really the problem, but maybe you have heard something simular before?

I have already made the experience, that when changing a < div > to < a >, there will result some other problems…
I have reported this issue also in this topic:

Maybe your dev. team can have a closer look into this ?

Kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

We have not yet replicated the issue. If it happens again, it would be best that you record a video a show it to us so we can follow the setup.

Thanks.

Hi Christian

Thank you very much for your reply. Forget all I said before, because non of the changes I have made, solved the problem.

It has something to to with the site-cache, I think. If I make any changes to a page just to be able to save it again, the double scroll bar has disappeared. So I have re-saved all my pages of the whole website and the double schrollbar has disappeared on every page.

12 hours later all the double scroll bars were there again on every page.

Your Boost-Team has installed the WP-Rocket plugin on my website. In this topic I have seen, that WP-Rocket can cause problems with double scroll bars in combination with PRO:

For the moment I have deactivated WP-Rocket and the double scroll bar has disappeared on every page, but is still visible for a fraction of a second, when reloading the pages.

Do you have any knowledge of this issue appart from the previously mentioned topic ?

Kind regards,
Felix