Display what categories post is in

Good morning,

I am using pro and I would like like it so when the user reads a blog post they are shown the category this is from i.e.:

In this example ‘Career Advice’ would be that category. Then if they click it, it would show all the posts within that category. I tried adding the following without success in the widget area:

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 10.32.30

What do I need to do?
Thank you
Jason

Hello Jason,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please have a look at this thread to learn more about how to display the category name and its link

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Good morning and thank you for this

the blog is the standard one you get from X Pro - i.e:

I think because of this the category name and date would need to be called from the widget sidebar? How would I do this?

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason,

In the Single post page, the Category and other post metas are shown by default. If that is not showing in your case, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you for the update, I wish in the sidebar widget to just display the category the post is in, not all categories. Plus the date it was published

Thank you
Jason

Hello @hyperdrive_boom,

You are using the Pro theme. You can use the Layout builder to create a custom layout for your posts. This way, you can insert the “Terms” element and be able to display the current post terms and any other information that needs to be displayed. To get started, please check out this video first to be familiar with the Layout builder:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWPh_GoP7hYWytkJcdcowJ8Zs6EDEdK18

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.