Design Cloud theme install - Preparing Taxonomies stuck/looping?

Hi guys!

Searched around but can’t find any info on this - I’m trying to install the Wedding demo site and the install bar keeps looping from initialising to Preparing Taxonomies and I can’t seem to get past this?

WP, theme and plugins all up to date, pretty much a fresh WP install.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hello Callum,

Thanks for writing in!

First, please make sure that you have the correct versions and meet the system requirements. You can check it here:

Then, please make sure that in Tools > Site Health > Info, there aren’t any performance issue. You will have to resolve them and ask further assistance from your hosting provider if needed.

And lastly, you might want to check out this documentation:

If nothing is working, we would love to investigate your issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi thanks for the reply - No luck I’m afraid.

I’ve checked PHP/SQL versions, PHP memory, execution limits - All seem OK.

I’ve sent a secure note with admin creds. Thanks!

Hey Callum,

Your PHP version is 8. Our Version Compatibility is only 7.4+. Please ask your web host to temporarily downgrade to PHP 7.4.

Thanks.

Hi @christian I’ve downgraded PHP to 7.4 - Still get stuck looping on Preparing Taxonomies if I try to import the Wedding demo site from design cloud though?

Hello Callum,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. I can confirmed that it is stuck in between “Initialising…” and “Preparing Taxonomies” loop. I was trying to find the cause of the issue and suddenly it encountered an error 500. Can you please provide us your FTP details? Please send us the following information in the secure note:
– FTP hostname
– FTP username
– FTP password

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ruenel

Sorry for the delay, thanks for checking this.

I’ve now updated the secure note with FTP creds.

Please can you check and advise? Thanks!

Hello Callum,

I tried to access the server through the FTP but the given FTP login details are not working at my end please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.