Design Cloud only preset i can install but not content

In my theme X i m not able to install content from Design Cloud, I have increased memory, execution time but doesn’t work but preset options I can able to install successfully, so any solution, its because of theme integrity or what reason it could be.

Hi @mujtaba677,

Please kindly read the troubleshooting section of our Design Cloud article:

• You will need to make sure that you have the latest version of the X theme and the compatible version of the Cornerstone plugin.
  • You need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase the PHP Execution Time to at least 300s.
  • You need to go to X > Status and check the PHP memory limit there and make sure that the method you used to increase the PHP memory limit worked or not. If not, please contact your hosting service provider and also check this article.
  • Please contact your hosting service provider and ask them to make sure that theme.co domain is whitelisted.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Thanks for writing back,

I have checked that troubleshooting page, I tried all thing, everything is good, memory, execution time and also its on my personal VPS server so changes are visible in X status.

Secure notes updated so you can check too.

Please see that from Design Cloud, i installed preset options and they are showing installed, whereas contact form installation is giving error.

If you found the problem, please do let me know, in case if it appears again. Thank you.

Hi @mujtaba677,

Thank you for the credentials. I tried and can confirm the error.

"Specified file failed upload test." 

@christopher encountered the same error on another site and did some research. Please try to follow the suggestion from this thread. There are settings on php.ini that needs to be adjusted. Please ask your hosting provider to adjust it and then let us know how this goes.

Hi lely

I appreciate your response.

I have changed the php.ini settings
file_uploads = off

restarted the server, everything but it doesn’t work
change the latest php version, available in plesk
cache clear in my computer,
switched on fast cgi, cgi but no avail

My question is if I can see the presets are installed from design cloud why not CONTENT, please suggest.

Hi @mujtaba677,

Have you done a plugin conflict test? If not please do so, especially your All In One WP Security.

Also, I am seeing you have a Child Theme, but I don’t see the customizations inside it. Please try switching to parent X theme and see if that resolves the issue, if it does then you know its something on the child theme is causing it.

Thanks,

Nothing has worked i switched off all plugin enabled parent theme. But same errors for content installation.

If i upgrade to PRO did i loose my work or the current data or content. Can you send me link details how to upgrade.

I was worried that X theme has demo data but not in PRO version, that is why still using X theme.

Hi Mujtaba,

Converting to Pro will not fix the issue that you are experiencing at the moment with the X theme design cloud. I checked the website and I only see the Cornerstone and X menu items which are not what it should be.

Maybe it is not a username with Admin permissions. Are you sure that you have an untouched version of the X theme installed?

One way to test if the problem that you are experiencing is related to the version of the X theme you installed or your hosting service provider is to move your website to your local machine or another server and test the Design Cloud feature.

If it works that shows the problem is the server if not it shows the problem is the version of the X theme that you have installed.

Please consider that we do not have such an issue with our installations. To answer your last question here is how you can convert an X installation to Pro:

Thank you.

I have not touched the theme or cornerstone except installing different plugin, no customization.

When restoring the site, the given user in secure note become editor, so now it has admin access, you can check again and see if any solution available.

I have installed another wordpress and I am checking if its working there design cloud or not.

In case it doesnt work, is there anyway i can take out my current content, install fresh theme and then upload my work. Because i do not want to loose.

in continue to above please see my license is PRO and I m using X, is that the reason.

Ok i installed x theme updated in a fresh Wordpress on my server its giving the same error while presets from Design cloud installing but not content options.

Hey @mujtaba677,

Would you mind enabling file_uploads again. Set file_uploads = On or file_uploads = 1.

If that doesn’t help, try installing Pro and activate it. Though that’s unlikely to help as the Content Templates import successfully in my test site using X while the license is Pro. At-least that will answer the question if the license affects the installation of Design Cloud templates specifically in your site. I tried installing Pro in your site but I get an error. It’s likely due to the file_uploads limitation.

If nothing helps, please consider testing a different web host. If it works in other web hosts like our tests, the problem here is your current web host is really limited.

Thanks.

Dear @christian

in my test site details sent above, I change PHP ini settings file_uploads = on and this command was already there max_file_uploads = 20

so I am able to add content, it works.

But i tried in my Plesk settings same in the main website as in test site but it failed.

So the license is not an issue.

Ok i have to switch off all plugin except like cornerstone etc and it works, previously i switch of only all in one wp security doesnt work.

So it means file_uploads must be ON.
i change php to 7.3.15 served by ngnix as it was in test site don’t know if that is the reason too

so main website i can install content from design cloud.

thank you support team for your answers, just if anyone can post me also link how to use Design Cloud effectively so that i need not to search and work on it directly.

Just now i found that ConvertPlus plugin is a problem, when activating this is giving error installing content from Design Cloud

Hi @mujtaba677,

Thank you for the info that ConvertPlus plugin is involve on it.

The templates that you imported from the design cloud will go to the Template Manager which you can then load to your pages. see the How to Use the Templates section.

Cheers!

I wasn’t able to use any of the content templates from Design Cloud either. The list was only the content options that began with "Starter: " so I changed the name of the content so that that was at the beginning of the name and it showed up and works without any issue.

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for updating this thread. It is good to know that every thing work fine in your site now. If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.